Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Another dumb guestion

1K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  svtlx 
#1 ·
Is a c4 tranni a big deal??

#5 ·
.......and burn way more gas than you have to. :eek: ;) :D

A built AOD is the way to go, then you still have the OD gear to save you some fuel mileage. :good:
Like they said an AOD is nothing more than a C4 with an OD gear.

#8 ·
I disagree the c4 can be built much stronger if you have the money to drop on a PA supercomp c-4 it will have all the upgraded internals. Extra light casing it's the best racing transmission for ford.. If you are raving you don't have to do do any extra shifting to make sure it stays in 2nd.. When the light turns green just hold on!!!

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Note: the reason I say the AOD is almost as good as the C4 is that above 500 hp the AOD must use a solid input shaft which does away with the locking converter. You end up with a very loose converter (because of the high stall speed) that generates much more heat than the C4 (2 - 3 times as much) because of the OD.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

So that being said for street car choose AOD but if u wanna race I like the c-4's

#11 ·
I disagree the c4 can be built much stronger if you have the money to drop on a PA supercomp c-4 it will have all the upgraded internals. Extra light casing it's the best racing transmission for ford.. If you are raving you don't have to do do any extra shifting to make sure it stays in 2nd.. When the light turns green just hold on!!!
---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------
Note: the reason I say the AOD is almost as good as the C4 is that above 500 hp the AOD must use a solid input shaft which does away with the locking converter. You end up with a very loose converter (because of the high stall speed) that generates much more heat than the C4 (2 - 3 times as much) because of the OD.
---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------
So that being said for street car choose AOD but if u wanna race I like the c-4's
Sure, race only use a C4. That makes sense just to save the weight difference over an AOD.
But since he has a street car he would be much better off with the AOD as you said. :good:

Best transmission for Ford?
For race only I would personally prefer a clutchless manual transmission with an air or electric shifter set up, but $$$$$$.$$. :(
Completely programmable, timed shifts.
More and better gearing choices.
Less heat buildup and power loss.
Much better longevity and durability.
And I love the whine of the straight cut gears. ;) :)

#9 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:

You do not have to do the 1-2 shuffle anymore

#10 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:

Makes sense. :good:

#14 ·
He likes to make us :drool:
Or more by the time you get the clutch set up to go with it.. I'm only dreaming. :cry: :(

BUT, sometimes you can get lucky.
I always have my eyes peeled for deals, divorce sales etc. ;) :D

#16 ·
Yeah, they can be quite beneficial, but some poor guy always loses his toys. :(

I got the deal on my car because the guy bought a new truck he couldn't really afford (what the dealer said). He wanted to keep the truck so I got a bargain on my car. Took 4-5 weeks of haggling, but he started at $12k (what he had in the car with receipts) and I ended up paying $5250 because the dealer and he thought it had blown a head gasket and that the rear end was going out. Turned out the leak was from a cooling system nipple that was capped with a rubber vacuum cap and the rear end noise was just because it had an Auburn Pro differential with no additive in the oil. :D :good:

#17 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Yeah, they can be quite beneficial, but some poor guy always loses his toys. :(

I got the deal on my car because the guy bought a new truck he couldn't really afford (what the dealer said). He wanted to keep the truck so I got a bargain on my car. Took 4-5 weeks of haggling, but he started at $12k (what he had in the car with receipts) and I ended up paying $5250 because the dealer and he thought it had blown a head gasket and that the rear end was going out. Turned out the leak was from a cooling system nipple that was capped with a rubber vacuum cap and the rear end noise was just because it had an Auburn Pro differential with no additive in the oil. :D :good:
Dam nice for you lol. My current/first stang was a divorce stang, but i was young and in love with it and payed what he asked which i dont think still wasent bad (5250) I think. Since have droped a lot on it lol

#19 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:
I paid $5800 for my current 90' gt
Was it blown when u got it though? Mine was stock except CAI and catback

#21 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:
Exactly the way it sits except it had 2 sets of slicks and skinnies.. Yes 420rwhp fully built trans rear end etc.. The car is show worthy also
See lol now thats nice haha. Mine body and ecerything is in great shape just no power mods haha im doing my blower install in the next few weeks i hope just my first time doing this much by myself so i dont know how long it will take.

#23 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:
Well it depends.. Which blower are you looking at? I've seen a few with the 8.71.. Or are you thinking about a supercharger?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN2IEYP3Njk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This I exactly how I bought it.. I've been offered 10k and turned it down..
I got a vortech kit with all the stuff i need, just have to put it all in but i havent done any of it before and my uncle that usualy helps me is going to summer x to work and will be gone the 3 weeks i got off so im going to try it myself.

#25 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:
Well it depends.. Which blower are you looking at? I've seen a few with the 8.71.. Or are you thinking about a supercharger?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN2IEYP3Njk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This I exactly how I bought it.. I've been offered 10k and turned it down..
I paid 500$ for mine. But 8500$ later its probably not as nice or as fast as yours. You got a Hell of a deal. :)

#29 ·
im goin to plus one for the aod. i got a 700hp rated aod with 25-2700stall. and auto/manual shift. no holding second gear. the gear you put it in is the gear your getn. it is an amazing piece.

i run "2" 8-pass coolers, you can beat on it all day and it only gets a lil warmer than ambient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.