Here to both you again...lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackbeauty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 133
Here to both you again...lol

Okay so i'm stuck with a decision here... should i go with windsor heads or the explorer heads?? A kid i work with says he knows someone thats looking to get rid of his windsor heads so can i have some pros and cons on them? I really want to get my build started just dont know which road to take... thanks
Blackbeauty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty95
Okay so i'm stuck with a decision here... should i go with windsor heads or the explorer heads?? A kid i work with says he knows someone thats looking to get rid of his windsor heads so can i have some pros and cons on them? I really want to get my build started just dont know which road to take... thanks
Unless the Windsor heads have been worked over you won't see any gains. Go with the explorer heads. Larger valves and better flow.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Unless the Windsor heads have been worked over you won't see any gains. Go with the explorer heads. Larger valves and better flow.
Is he talking about 351 heads or windsor senior/jr(or whatever they are called lol) heads?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackbeauty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 133
I dont know for sure they have been worked i dont know to much about heads at all or motors lol i know how to wrench on things but i know not to much about stuff that deep in the motor

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Okay so i just got off the phone with the kid that has them... there 351 stock widsor heads that have a stock valve job on them ...

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and he wants 200 for them

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and there off of a 68 i he thinks so it doesnt have any of the smog stuff
Blackbeauty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty95
I dont know for sure they have been worked i dont know to much about heads at all or motors lol i know how to wrench on things but i know not to much about stuff that deep in the motor

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Okay so i just got off the phone with the kid that has them... there 351 stock widsor heads that have a stock valve job on them ...

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and he wants 200 for them

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and there off of a 68 i he thinks so it doesnt have any of the smog stuff
I would definitely go with the explorer heads.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

I would definitely go with the explorer heads.
Agreed
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 89
Explored heads, 351 heads aren't worth the trouble
1fst86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Here to both you again...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty95 View Post
I dont know for sure they have been worked i dont know to much about heads at all or motors lol i know how to wrench on things but i know not to much about stuff that deep in the motor

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Okay so i just got off the phone with the kid that has them... there 351 stock widsor heads that have a stock valve job on them ...

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and he wants 200 for them

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh and there off of a 68 i he thinks so it doesnt have any of the smog stuff
I don't think the 351W heads were available until 1969.
Go with the Explorer heads, or just port your E7's and stuff some larger valves in them.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackbeauty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 133
Yeah i ment 69 lol hit the wrong number on my ohone..

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Phone* damn lol
Blackbeauty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« Cardone ecc | Mods »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.