bolt on's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
bolt on's

Ok so I have a 1990 5.0 with a powerdine supercharger on 9psi, cold air kit, and flowmaster exuast, and I was wondering what intake and what size injectors to put in it.
Supercharged5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: bolt on's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged5.0 View Post
Ok so I have a 1990 5.0 with a powerdine supercharger on 9psi, cold air kit, and flowmaster exuast, and I was wondering what intake and what size injectors to put in it.
A ported Cobra or a Holley Systemax intake showed the best results in a recent dyno test I read about. Surprisingly the ported Cobra was really close to the Systemax in overall power.

I wouldn't go any smaller than a 36-42 lb injector.
You will need a MAF tuned for the injector size you choose and you will probably need to have the ECU chipped and dyno tuned or purchase a piggyback tuner like the AFM PMS to tune your engine with.

You might get by with a smaller injector and an FMU, but that's not an ideal way to tune your fuel flow and it could lead to leaning out your engine and burning up some pistons.
The choice is yours to make.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #3

How big could I go on my MAF and injectors, while still having decent gas mileage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
What heads are you running?

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

What heads are you running
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #5

Stock heads
Old 06-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: bolt on's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged5.0 View Post
How big could I go on my MAF and injectors, while still having decent gas mileage
Bigger injectors are not necessarily going to ruin your gas mileage, it's your right foot that will do that.
You just need to make sure you have adequate fuel flow to the engine for the power it makes and that it is tuned properly.For your application I would use the ABACO 85MM MAF and which ever size injectors that will supply you enough fuel at 80% or less duty cycle. You need to have some idea of how much power you will make (Calculations in the Superchargers & Turbos sticky thread). Here is an injector flow data page that may help you in choosing the injector you need. Electronic Fuel Injector Flow Data

I'm going to run 60 lb injectors and a 97MM MAF on my car and use the AFM PMS and a Wide Band O2 to tune for starting, idle and low speed operation. The fuel pressure and flow will ramp up according to throttle application and boost pressure. Therefore at idle and low speeds I don't expect I will actually be using much more fuel than I was originally.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #7

Ok thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« Gears | Plasta dip »