Windsor Block - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Windsor Block

I got a windsor block that im build for racing im stroking it to a 408 i got dart pro 1 heads, head studs, forged crank, rods , pistons, heavy duty main support, with a glidden victor intake ported to the heads with a 1050 dominator nd also should i run regular rockers or jessel type rockers? Help??! Nd im planing to spray a 150 shot progressive shot so it wont be such a hard hit on the motor, i just wanna know if by anyone eles experiences if this stock block is ok to run bc ive had buddys of mine that have cracked the blocks , is my set up too much for this block? Just want some opinions thanks
Adam331Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam331Fastback
I got a windsor block that im build for racing im stroking it to a 408 i got dart pro 1 heads, head studs, forged crank, rods , pistons, heavy duty main support, with a glidden victor intake ported to the heads with a 1050 dominator nd also should i run regular rockers or jessel type rockers? Help??! Nd im planing to spray a 150 shot progressive shot so it wont be such a hard hit on the motor, i just wanna know if by anyone eles experiences if this stock block is ok to run bc ive had buddys of mine that have cracked the blocks , is my set up too much for this block? Just want some opinions thanks
My friend ran a 408 with a 150shot no problem but he used afr race heads and a custom cam. The main and valley girdles are a good idea but your carb choice is a big to big for a 408 unless you are going to rev it up to 11k you should be fine with a 850cfm and a vic jr. Just go with some normal rockers, jesels are good rockers but imho they are not worth the 1k price tag some good harland sharps will do the same trick for 1/3 the price. Hope this help you out and good luck with your build

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok yeah i got a custom cam also, i once saw a guy at the drags nd he was running a 434 windsor nd he had a victor jr intake but he had the 4150 flange cut off nd he welded a 4500 flange i looked weird but yeah everyone that ive talked too has been running a 1050 they said the 950 nd 850s was great, but the 1050s made the car more crisp but im not sure this engine is gonna be a high reving engine, i might just think about goin to a 950 but not sure bc i already got the intake nd carb =/ ill try it like this if it dont run ill so to a 950
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok yeah i got a custom cam also, i once saw a guy at the drags nd he was running a 434 windsor nd he had a victor jr intake but he had the 4150 flange cut off nd he welded a 4500 flange i looked weird but yeah everyone that ive talked too has been running a 1050 they said the 950 nd 850s was great, but the 1050s made the car more crisp but im not sure this engine is gonna be a high reving engine, i might just think about goin to a 950 but not sure bc i already got the intake nd carb =/ ill try it like this if it dont run ill so to a 950
If you already have the carb and intake then your are set really. I like to keep the carb size were its most efficient and at most 100cfm over unless im running a glide and have to rev the engine past 8k then I would use a 1050.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok yeah im gonna use a turbo 400 for now since its what ive had sitting around but later i do wanna go to a powerglide nd im gonna use a 4500 stall i might have to go to a bigger stall though not sure until i run it
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh ok yeah im gonna use a turbo 400 for now since its what ive had sitting around but later i do wanna go to a powerglide nd im gonna use a 4500 stall i might have to go to a bigger stall though not sure until i run it
If your going to get a glide I recomend atf (automatic transmission factory) they cost around 1.7k and come with a t-brake. Check them out they are really good trans.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok ill look into it, are the glides pretty strong? Like can they take abuse? Ive seen guys that completly break the whole case of the trans
Old 06-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok ill look into it, are the glides pretty strong? Like can they take abuse? Ive seen guys that completly break the whole case of the trans
Yeah glides are really strong and can take lot of abuse I had a lentech 4r70w then a c4 and ended up with a glide that is still going strong in a 600whp termi swaped notch

Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok cool im gonna run this 400 nd see how it turns out nd more than so ima end up with a glide lol
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh ok cool im gonna run this 400 nd see how it turns out nd more than so ima end up with a glide lol
I used a 400 in a 77 trans am with a ls1 and I loved it was a good DD trans just don't go crazy with the stall remember that you need a TC for a nitrous.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Cool yeah once i get it running ima see the adjustments ima have to make

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT