Crankcase Evacuation Pump - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Crankcase Evacuation Pump

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours at my cousin's shop helping him sort out the wiring on his latest racecar. (632 C.I. GM Beretta, Dyno tested at 1250 HP NA with 700 HP worth of nitrous to be added once it has been sorted out at the track, in case you were wondering. )

Anyways, for helping him sort out the wiring he gave me a new Ford Racing Crankcase Evacuation Pump to use on my engine when I install the Paxton Novi.


Have any of you installed one of these or something similar on a Fox Body 5.0?
If so, I'd be interested in reading about how you did it.


Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Crankcase Evacuation Pump

Anyone?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Quball19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours at my cousin's shop helping him sort out the wiring on his latest racecar. (632 C.I. GM Beretta, Dyno tested at 1250 HP NA with 700 HP worth of nitrous to be added once it has been sorted out at the track, in case you were wondering. )

Anyways, for helping him sort out the wiring he gave me a new Ford Racing Crankcase Evacuation Pump to use on my engine when I install the Paxton Novi.

Have any of you installed one of these or something similar on a Fox Body 5.0?
If so, I'd be interested in reading about how you did it.
Now im a backyard , forum asking fool here, but I found this if helps..


M-9486-A460 Crankcase Evacuation

I hope this comes threw......
Now I know nothing about this pump, just seeing what I find, if helps good, if not I tried..... Just saying.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quball19

Now im a backyard , forum asking fool here, but I found this if helps..

M-9486-A460 Crankcase Evacuation

I hope this comes threw......
Now I know nothing about this pump, just seeing what I find, if helps good, if not I tried..... Just saying.
its didn't ill try again.... my bad
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 89
If I remember correctly, it runs off of the belt drive and it pulls vacuum from the valve covers to help control crankcase pressure, is that what ur asking??
1fst86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
What kind of ideas do you have already? Is it just like a smog pump? Or does it hookup like a pcv?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 89
Sport of like a smog, but the set ups I've seen usually have AN fittings on the valve covers and lines running to the pump. I don't believe u run a pcv. I've seem it on high horsepower motors where it actually helped male a few more horses with it bolted on.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fst86
Sort of like a smog, but the set ups I've seen usually have AN fittings on the valve covers and lines running to the pump. I don't believe u run a pcv. I've seem it on high horsepower motors where it actually helped male a few more horses with it bolted on.
1fst86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
oh yeah. i was wondering! lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Crankcase Evacuation Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quball19 View Post
Now im a backyard , forum asking fool here, but I found this if helps..
M-9486-A460 Crankcase Evacuation
I hope this comes threw......
Now I know nothing about this pump, just seeing what I find, if helps good, if not I tried..... Just saying.
its didn't ill try again.... my bad
Thanks for your efforts, I found it on the Ford Racing site, but they don't give much info on installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fst86 View Post
If I remember correctly, it runs off of the belt drive and it pulls vacuum from the valve covers to help control crankcase pressure, is that what ur asking??
On my car it will fit right where the smog pump is, because that is actually what it is. It has been modified to use the AN fittings which one connects to a valve cover and the other goes to an oil separator can with a vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
What kind of ideas do you have already? Is it just like a smog pump? Or does it hookup like a pcv?

Yes, it is just a smog pump that has been modified to work as a vacuum pump.
I know that for race cars they seal up everything pertaining to the crankcase as tightly as they can. I'm thinking that for a street driven car you might not want to seal it up quite as tightly and provide for a bit of air flow to keep from burning the pump up because you will be running the engine much longer than just down the 1320.


So what did you guys think about the car he's building? (He built the engine himself too.)
I was going to get some pics, but I forgot my cell phone.
My jaw hit the floor when he told me he was adding 700 HP with the nitrous.
He is expecting to run 3.80's in the 1/8th mile.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i think that thing sounds insanley fast. under 4 in the 1/8 is ridiculous. would be probably faster than a prostock car. my local track has door slammer cars doing high 4s and they are fun to watch.

im guess that nitrous is multiple stages? maybe 300, 200, 200,? sound like hes gonna have to change the bottle every pass! lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Crankcase Evacuation Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
i think that thing sounds insanley fast. under 4 in the 1/8 is ridiculous. would be probably faster than a prostock car. my local track has door slammer cars doing high 4s and they are fun to watch.

im guess that nitrous is multiple stages? maybe 300, 200, 200,? sound like hes gonna have to change the bottle every pass! lol
Two stage system 400 in the first stage, then 300 in the second stage.
I'd be happy with the engine power alone. 1250 HP and 962 ft lbs of TQ.
That's not guessing either, he showed me the Dyno sheet.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Two stage system 400 in the first stage, then 300 in the second stage.
I'd be happy with the engine power alone. 1250 HP and 962 ft lbs of TQ.
That's not guessing either, he showed me the Dyno sheet.
Daaammmnn. Boy I would kill to be able to hit that go button one time. :drool:
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.