Track - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Track

On my way to race my pony wish me luck lol :p
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Good luck. We expect mod lists and time slips.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Good luck. We expect mod lists and time slips.
Embarrassing straight embarrassing
Flow masters headers cai short shifter

I ran. 16.4 reaction time .5 top speed 90
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chris01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 135
Is that all the upgrades? Some gears might help also
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
You don't have a whole lot of mods. A stocker will fun around 15 flat. Could be inexperience, track,conditions

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

What was your 60 ft time?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
All stock with gears I ran 14.9 and 14 flat with slicks
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jimmygun911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 61
What year are you running to hit 14 flat. Is that a automatic or stick?
Jimmygun911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
You don't have a whole lot of mods. A stocker will fun around 15 flat. Could be inexperience, track,conditions

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

What was your 60 ft time?
Gears I have 4:10 my 60ft was 2.7
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
90 GT 5 speed. 3:73 gears
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
All stock with gears I ran 14.9 and 14 flat with slicks
Something got to be up with my car I'm obviously on the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3496091507.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	55575  
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Eek. You have major traction issues my friend. I bet with just some.good tires you knock 1 1/2 seconds off, easy.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
I had a 1.95 60ft without slicks and 1.80 with slicks

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Coulda been in 13s but I have bad syncros in my tranny

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

What rpm r u leaving line at
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
I had a 1.95 60ft without slicks and 1.80 with slicks

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Coulda been in 13s but I have bad syncros in my tranny

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

What rpm r u leaving line at
4
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Street tires
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Street tires
im betting
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Street tires
Prett much yeah the guy I bought ye car off of had just put brand new tires on it
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
There's your problem I bet your also spinning 1st and 2 nd bad next time leave line like a red light leave at idol

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

And ease into gas

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

My first few passes was the same thing but they had guys there to give me tips each pass
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
There's your problem I bet your also spinning 1st and 2 nd bad next time leave line like a red light leave at idol

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

And ease into gas

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

My first few passes was the same thing but they had guys there to give me tips each pass
Yeah I spinner 1st but not second
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
There's also something's you can do to help also like remove your air box. Advance your timing a tad. And unplug your water temp sensor. And try a couple passes without doin a burn out and don't go through water trap

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Some say you can even remove your belt
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
There's also something's you can do to help also like remove your air box. Advance your timing a tad. And unplug your water temp sensor. And try a couple passes without doin a burn out and don't go through water trap

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Some say you can even remove your belt
Air box ? And timing I did over the weekend lol I guess I'll be spending another day at the track
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
There's also something's you can do to help also like remove your air box. Advance your timing a tad. And unplug your water temp sensor. And try a couple passes without doin a burn out and don't go through water trap

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Some say you can even remove your belt
i wouldnt suggest removimg the belt. i suppose it will free up a little power but not worth not pumping water and charging imo. serious guys run nothing and charge there battery in between every pass.

also im curious of removing the water temp sensor?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Behind air box there's a funnel type thing pull it out and when you run pull the air box cover and filter it will help with airflow
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Behind air box there's a funnel type thing pull it out and when you run pull the air box cover and filter it will help with airflow
Are you talking about the intake bc I have a bbk intake into the fender with no filter
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Just unplug it it's the plug on left hand side of motor it tricks the computer into thinking its in circulation and is cooler than it is I picked up a half a second just by unplugging it just need to allow longer period inbetween runs and remember to plug it back in.
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Just unplug it it's the plug on left hand side of motor it tricks the computer into thinking its in circulation and is cooler than it is I picked up a half a second just by unplugging it just need to allow longer period inbetween runs and remember to plug it back in.
The mass air sensor ? Ok so I do that lol I'm down to 16 flat theoretically
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Just unplug it it's the plug on left hand side of motor it tricks the computer into thinking its in circulation and is cooler than it is I picked up a half a second just by unplugging it just need to allow longer period inbetween runs and remember to plug it back in.
oh ok. im not sure thats the safest trick, but a 1/2 second is impressive!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

oh ok. im not sure thats the safest trick, but a 1/2 second is impressive!
+1
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBody9315

The mass air sensor ? Ok so I do that lol I'm down to 16 flat theoretically
keep in mind there are alot of variables. different tracks, climates, etc. once you get more passes under your belt, you will figure out some of the things cap said. your launch is key. the 60ft is the most important. a perfect launch is when you may hey a tiny bark/schreech, but only for a split second. that is basically the hardest you can launch with out breaking loose
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Nooooo not mass air sensor the water temp sensor it's on the intake
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Nooooo not mass air sensor the water temp sensor it's on the intake
yeah what he said^

you will probably lose time unplugging the maf. and risk running an improper fuel mixture.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

keep in mind there are alot of variables. different tracks, climates, etc. once you get more passes under your belt, you will figure out some of the things cap said. your launch is key. the 60ft is the most important. a perfect launch is when you may hey a tiny bark/schreech, but only for a split second. that is basically the hardest you can launch with out breaking loose
Gotcha

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Nooooo not mass air sensor the water temp sensor it's on the intake
Gotcha sir I will def try that next time
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
It's on left front side of intake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1190968205.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	55577  
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
FoxBody9315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
It's on left front side of intake
Props on the pic thank you man will def do that next time

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBody9315

Props on the pic thank you man will def do that next time
I just got my h pipes in today like an hour before I went to the track so they will be on next time I go
FoxBody9315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Just unplug and turn your key on and off a few before starting
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
This is what mine looks like at the moment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3126341520.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	55578  
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.