Hp? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Hp?

What can I do to get into mid to hight 3s with out FI..i have alot of work.done already but.im at 300 to the wheels..want more hp but dont wanna spend $5k for a s.c
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
What can I do to get into mid to hight 3s with out FI..i have alot of work.done already but.im at 300 to the wheels..want more hp but dont wanna spend $5k for a s.c
Heads ,gears dyno tune even a cam
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
on3 turbo kit can be done cheaper than a s/c. i dont remember what kit costs but i wanna say less than 2000$ MAYBE. then some fuel upgrades and a tune. or some juice will do it.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0 View Post
What can I do to get into mid to hight 3s with out FI..i have alot of work.done already but.im at 300 to the wheels..want more hp but dont wanna spend $5k for a s.c
Hmmm, 3s will take about a 2000 shot of NOS.

Depends on what you have already done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
on3 turbo kit can be done cheaper than a s/c. i dont remember what kit costs but i wanna say less than 2000$ MAYBE. then some fuel upgrades and a tune. or some juice will do it.
Around $1450 last time I looked.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
What can I do to get into mid to hight 3s with out FI..i have alot of work.done already but.im at 300 to the wheels..want more hp but dont wanna spend $5k for a s.c
Me too I wonder what else I need to do to get my car into the mid 13's. I have bbk CAI, 305 dr, bassani x pipe and borla catback, it's auto and has full suspension upgrades. I have pypes longtubes tht will be put on Wednesday too
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Hmmm, 3s will take about a 2000 shot of NOS.

the only 3 seconds cars i know of run about 8000 hp, and are a blast to watch.

Depends on what you have already done?

Around $1450 last time I looked.
even better
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Me too I wonder what else I need to do to get my car into the mid 13's. I have bbk CAI, 305 dr, bassani x pipe and borla catback, it's auto and has full suspension upgrades. I have pypes longtubes tht will be put on Wednesday too
Aside from CAI you have no intake mods... That's where I would go next
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Aside from CAI you have no intake mods... That's where I would go next
Yea no intake mods, so like tb and plenum?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I havent owned a fox body since 2008... And I didn't know much about modding the . But if I had to say (I'll let the fox body gurus correct me) I would go with upper and lower manifold, tb, cam and heads, in that order. Sounds like you have the exhaust taken care of though!!

Can't really say what's best and what not for brand though, don't really remember.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I havent owned a fox body since 2008... And I didn't know much about modding the . But if I had to say (I'll let the fox body gurus correct me) I would go with upper and lower manifold, tb, cam and heads, in that order. Sounds like you have the exhaust taken care of though!!

Can't really say what's best and what not for brand though, don't really remember.
with 300 at the wheels he doesnt have those mods?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

with 300 at the wheels he doesnt have those mods?
Lol my bad I was on the wrong forum. I have an 02 gt
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Lol my bad I was on the wrong forum. I have an 02 gt
lol. i was wondering. on our foxes 300 at the wheels is usualy full hci upgrade to acheive.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Lol it happens
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

with 300 at the wheels he doesnt have those mods?
I dont have the work done?
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

with 300 at the wheels he doesnt have those mods?
Heads are a good start with the 5.0 & theirs so many different kinds. The 5.0 has a huge aftermarket how about it dreamstang
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0

I dont have the work done?
im not sure what your asking?

i assume that you have heads intake and cam if your making 300? if not what do you have?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Heads are a good start with the 5.0 & theirs so many different kinds. The 5.0 has a huge aftermarket how about it dreamstang
definitly heads are a must!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

im not sure what your asking?

i assume that you have heads intake and cam if your making 300? if not what do you have?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------



definitly heads are a must!
16 years of the 5.0 has made it such a sucessfull engine and I think one the the best dam engines ford has ever made Just the the 350 chevy.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

16 years of the 5.0 has made it such a sucessfull engine and I think one the the best dam engines ford has ever made
I second that
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

im not sure what your asking?

i assume that you have heads intake and cam if your making 300? if not what do you have?
when I got car last year it was bone stock, dyno said 187hp 210Trq now does 302hp 324trq I gained 115 wheel hp, car has heads,cams,intake,CAI,TB,MAF,forged pistons,.30 bore,30lbs injectors,rail,fuel pump,1.7 rockers,upgraded wires/plugs msd ignition,gears,drive shaft,, custom dyno tune,,prob forgeting things..
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Ok this is a true honest to god story about 5 years ago I seen a street driven 5.0 fox run 9s over and over again faster then the non street cars at a nmra race in maple grove raceway in pa it blew my mind I still talk about it today that guy built one hell of a car blow the doors off of any new car today
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0

when I got car last year it was bone stock, dyno said 187hp 210Trq now does 302hp 324trq I gained 115 wheel hp, car has heads,cams,intake,CAI,TB,MAF,forged pistons,.30 bore,30lbs injectors,rail,fuel pump,1.7 rockers,upgraded wires/plugs msd ignition,gears,drive shaft,, custom dyno tune,,prob forgeting things..
thats what i figured. thats why i said you probably already had that stuff.

i say look at the on3 turbo kit. maybe 3000$ when all said and done. with you install and shop tune. easily could get another 100+ hp
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0 View Post
when I got car last year it was bone stock, dyno said 187hp 210Trq now does 302hp 324trq I gained 115 wheel hp, car has heads,cams,intake,CAI,TB,MAF,forged pistons,.30 bore,30lbs injectors,rail,fuel pump,1.7 rockers,upgraded wires/plugs msd ignition,gears,drive shaft,, custom dyno tune,,prob forgeting things..
That's what we needed to know.
From that point forward you are looking at forced induction or nitrous to increase your HP the easiest way.


Otherwise you will have to tear down the engine and go more radical on your compression, cam, lightweight rotating assembly, etc..
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Hmm! I gotta look into.that kit
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
look at the in the sticky section for turbo and supercharger info. the kit is in the with information.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
I was told if I turbo my car I would lose power steering?
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0 View Post
I was told if I turbo my car I would lose power steering?
No, look at the pics on this page. On3 Performance SN95
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Not bad only $1000, if I can get 100_120 more hp for a G that would be cool

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

No, look at the pics on this page. On3 Performance SN95
And is it a legit site/turbo..is it.cheezy cheap stuff and im I gonna.pay for it and.never get it.in the mail? Lol
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #28
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0 View Post
Not bad only $1000, if I can get 100_120 more hp for a G that would be cool

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

And is it a legit site/turbo..is it.cheezy cheap stuff and im I gonna.pay for it and.never get it.in the mail? Lol
$1000? It totals out to $1560? Click on the "Click Here to Order Now!" button to see the full price.

Forum member JayKranz purchased from them and has an extensive posting about them.
I think he was pretty happy with what he recieved, but recommends upgrading the turbo when purchasing. Search for it in this forum.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Well I just read thru it fast, didnt really go in detail with the price
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
Well I just read thru it fast, didnt really go in detail with the price
What jay basically said. Is you can upgrade to a better quality turbo for around 2-300$. And he kicked himself in the butt for not doing it right off the bat.

You basically take the price of the kit. The add in supporting mods. Which are basically injectors, fuel pump, etc. Then add a tune. That will be your total cost.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Well is a 70mm turbo I decent size

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Im not looking for crazy HP just some more pep
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Yeah its decent. The turbo that comes with the kit I think will give you at least 8 lbs of boost.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Ok bc it.was saying 10psi.on some blocks
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
Ok bc it.was saying 10psi.on some blocks
It may do that
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Iv watched some vids on youtube n it seems like a legit kit, i called the number from the site n its just rang n then the voice mail box was full
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.