Brakes! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's high to me, probably cost u half of that to do it urself. Buy that's just me
1fst86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #37
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Brakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fst86 View Post
That's high to me, probably cost u half of that to do it urself. Buy that's just me
It is to me to, but when you figure the labor costs ($60-$70 per hour or more) it makes sense as to why it is so expensive and if you think about the shop costs, tools and training they have to have it is hard to begrudge them that.

My biggest issue is that I have a very limited repair shop base to draw from and I just do not trust other people to work on my vehicles. That comes from bad experiences in the past.
I had one guy I really trusted. He was one of my best friends too, but he passed away a few years ago, so now I'm without a trustworthy mechanic and I can't do my own work anymore either. 1-800-CRYMEARIVER I suppose. I am "training" my nephews, but that will take some time.

fast 94 5.0, Are you changing the pads and turning the rotors too?
I'd be interested in hearing how your improvements affect your braking power, as I intend to upgrade my rubber lines too.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

It is to me to, but when you figure the labor costs ($60-$70 per hour or more) it makes sense as to why it is so expensive and if you think about the shop costs, tools and training they have to have it is hard to begrudge them that.

fast 94 5.0, Are you changing the pads and turning the rotors too?
I'd be interested in hearing how your improvements affect your braking power, as I intend to upgrade my rubber lines too.
His price is $90 n hr labor(i live in new york so ppl charge more then some places lol) so im guessing 2 hr labor plus parts so thats the price..this shop I can trust..they.dont just sell me things/say oh u need this n that, there not like that..i spent a decent amount of money there n lots more to come so they do good by me there

As for my brakes, right now im just gonna change the lines to help improve the braking as it is so I get less mushy.pedal when gets hot..i do plan on doin brembo/drilled,slotted rotor setup soon hopefully..just theres so much I wanna do, just dont kno what to do first
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0 View Post
His price is $90 n hr labor(i live in new york so ppl charge more then some places lol) so im guessing 2 hr labor plus parts so thats the price..this shop I can trust..they.dont just sell me things/say oh u need this n that, there not like that..i spent a decent amount of money there n lots more to come so they do good by me there

As for my brakes, right now im just gonna change the lines to help improve the braking as it is so I get less mushy.pedal when gets hot..i do plan on doin brembo/drilled,slotted rotor setup soon hopefully..just theres so much I wanna do, just dont kno what to do first
$90 an hour, I almost had me some heart failure there. I guess there are some advantages to living in the "boonies".

You're lucky to find a good place. There are just to many that are only there to rip you off nowadays.
Do your brakes first if you have the choice. To much go and not enough whoa can have some serious repercussions.

Keep me updated on your brake mods if you would, as I need to do those myself and your findings will help me to decide what I should do.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

$90 an hour, I almost had me some heart failure there. I guess there are some advantages to living in the "boonies".

You're lucky to find a good place. There are just to many that are only there to rip you off nowadays.
Do your brakes first if you have the choice. To much go and not enough whoa can have some serious repercussions.

Keep me updated on your brake mods if you would, as I need to do those myself and your findings will help me to decide what I should do.
I should have them done by this week if not early next week..i will let u kno how it performs
Old 06-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #41
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I should have them done by this week if not early next week..i will let u kno how it performs
Thank you
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Orderd lines yesterday..been real busy n.had no time to.stop at shop n order..should have them.in mid to end of the week..will let u kno when done
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #43
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Orderd lines yesterday..been real busy n.had no time to.stop at shop n order..should have them.in mid to end of the week..will let u kno when done
Ok thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Finally got the lines put on..feels alot firmer but I deff wanna do the cobra front barake setup..my mechanic said my car will have real nice breaking

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT