O2 sensor issue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
O2 sensor issue

K I bought a set of long tubes put them on went to put the O2 sensors on and guess what the bungs are there but no holes drilled for sensors so pulled out the almighty dewalt drill and drill the holes. Driver side is perfect 90 degree angle no problems pass side is kicked up a bit and drill wasn't straight but did I stop nope drilled through and when done. Looked at it and ate the threads on bung so now o2 sensor won't go in lol I'm guessing only option I have is to weld up the hole and drill a new one and weld on a new bung for o2 sensor to fit. What y'all think is that my only option or is there something else I can do.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Without removing the header
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: O2 sensor issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78 View Post
K I bought a set of long tubes put them on went to put the O2 sensors on and guess what the bungs are there but no holes drilled for sensors so pulled out the almighty dewalt drill and drill the holes. Driver side is perfect 90 degree angle no problems pass side is kicked up a bit and drill wasn't straight but did I stop nope drilled through and when done. Looked at it and ate the threads on bung so now o2 sensor won't go in lol I'm guessing only option I have is to weld up the hole and drill a new one and weld on a new bung for o2 sensor to fit. What y'all think is that my only option or is there something else I can do.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Without removing the header
There just really isn't a good option for repairing that.
If you can get a hold of a right angle close quarters drill then you may be able to drill it out and use a thread insert. Check McMaster Carr for thread inserts and see if they have the correct size and see what size you would have to drill it out to, to ensure you have enough "meat" to do it.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Ok alls good in o2 sensor i talked to my guy who builds complete exhaust and he said when he puts up my muffs and X pipe he can take care of my issue.
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT