Motor rebuild. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina
Motor rebuild.

I just got the motor bak in my car. And started it for the first time. I have a horrible knock in the motor. All I did was replace every gasket. I left the pistons rods crank distributor an lifters and cam in. Everything else came off. I replaced every gasket with a good brand. I also upgraded to gt40p heads. I torqued everything right. But now it's leaking water where the timing cover and oil pan meet. Also it's knocking and surging bad. But there are no vac leaks that I can find. And yes I have oil in it. I also replaced the motor mounts but now the motor is sitting high in the front. Can anyone help me? I have sunk alot of money into this thing and I done everything right and didnt take shortcuts. I'm burnt out on it. An need some help.

Thrasher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
I had similar issues, check your timing chain and oil pan gasket, the surging for me was my timing was off and air/fuel was off , ended up taking it to get dyno tuned and problem fixed!!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT