KB S.C? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
KB S.C?

Do they make KB S.C's for 94 5.0s??
fast 94 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
They do for a 5.0 on a fox body. Pretty sure it would fit yours
Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Cuz I would deff save up n put a KB on my.car...things are nastyyy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They didn't offer a intercooler, that's why most guys with forced induction went a different route
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
Do they make KB S.C's for 94 5.0s??
They make them for the 5.0 but they are not intercooled and tend to run hot and need meth or octaine booster.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Nooo!! nvm..i dont wanna be running hot I drive the car a decent amount now that its summer
Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

People have thrown togather intercoolers for them, not sure if your good at 'engineering' lol
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
People have thrown togather intercoolers for them, not sure if your good at 'engineering' lol
That look like a PITA to do and for the price it should have one already.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast 94 5.0
Nooo!! nvm..i dont wanna be running hot I drive the car a decent amount now that its summer
Its better to run a procharger, vortech, or paxton with a intercooler. The roots/twin screws sound awsome but heat soak fast and do nothing but flow hot air after a while. Just stick with a procharger, vortech, or paxton. I had a whipple on my termi and had to carry an ice bag for the hot days at the track, cooled my blower and a six pack for a dollar lol

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
kb's are nice for newer stangs. i have no experience with them. but i have ready that:

1: like stang said they dont come with intercollers
2: they create alot of heat. people have actually did dyno runs and lost hp every run if done consecutive because the heat they create.

like i said this is just stuff i have read so i cant confirm anything.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

my favorites are roots style. i have wet dreams of 6:71s very frequently!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: KB S.C?

It doesn't need an intercooler. Says so and why on this page.
Kenne Bell 86-95 5.0
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Road Trip!

if thats true on that page then it sounds great to me. i have read some bad stories though. so that either leads me to believe someone didnt have there ish setup properly or its a sales pitch. i can confirm one thing though. it looks sexy!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
if thats true on that page then it sounds great to me. i have read some bad stories though. so that either leads me to believe someone didnt have there ish setup properly or its a sales pitch. i can confirm one thing though. it looks sexy!
You never know if they have set their timing correctly, their cooling system is good or what else may be the problem.
I'd just call them and tell them straight up what I was concerned about and see what they say.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

You never know if they have set their timing correctly, their cooling system is good or what else may be the problem.
I'd just call them and tell them straight up what I was concerned about and see what they say.
very true. thats why i was saying that i confirm any of this, as i didnt want to stray him from it without further research.

lots of s/c problem are do to install errors.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I too looked at the KB as I LOVE the sound and instant boost they offer. But after reading alot of bad things about heat and my local tuner telling me they are hard to get tuned good and the very steep price of them non intercooled i stoped. If i had any new stang with a 4.6 I would most defently get one as they are perfect for street only stangs with a ton of low RPM boost and power. but they arnt for us old school 5.0 people. There is a article around I read back when i was looking at them about a guy that made a custom frount mount air/air cooler for it was sick but required MAJOR modification to the housing and fabrication.

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It doesn't need an intercooler. Says so and why on this page.
Kenne Bell 86-95 5.0
All it said was cooler air charge and that it doesn't need a intercooler but once the air gets compressed it becomes hot which is why most have the intercooler to chill the hot air after it is compressed. The reason that they don't have a intercooler like the modular kits is because of the room in the valley and the intercooler mod they do is version of the supercoupe with the air to air.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote:

I have called on behalf of a customer and they say to run torco, the customer just ran a water/meth kit and then later went to e85.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17 View Post
I too looked at the KB as I LOVE the sound and instant boost they offer. But after reading alot of bad things about heat and my local tuner telling me they are hard to get tuned good and the very steep price of them non intercooled i stoped. If i had any new stang with a 4.6 I would most defently get one as they are perfect for street only stangs with a ton of low RPM boost and power. but they arnt for us old school 5.0 people. There is a article around I read back when i was looking at them about a guy that made a custom frount mount air/air cooler for it was sick but required MAJOR modification to the housing and fabrication.
They evidently have any issues they may have had with them fixed.
Read the page on the link I posted, they don't need an intercooler it says.
I wouldn't be afraid to try one, as they have been around for many years and you just don't last that long selling junk. They make one of the best blowers of that type for 5.0 engines, period IMO.

Tuners shouldn't have any more problems tuning them than any other engine boosted or otherwise. If they do then it must be because they just need to learn how. What probably bothers them is that the boost comes on so early, so they would need to adjust fuel delivery and timing to compensate for that. I'm sure there is a learning curve to tuning an engine with one on it.

I have seen too many posts on the net where someone says, "My tuner says XXX are junk and hard to tune." Whether they are talking about chips, superchargers, turbos or whatever, I bet the real reason is that they just don't have any experience with XXX. A good tuner would say, "I haven't tuned one of those before and it will take me some time to learn how, if you want me to try it."
Old 07-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
All it said was cooler air charge and that it doesn't need a intercooler but once the air gets compressed it becomes hot which is why most have the intercooler to chill the hot air after it is compressed. The reason that they don't have a intercooler like the modular kits is because of the room in the valley and the intercooler mod they do is version of the supercoupe with the air to air.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

I have called on behalf of a customer and they say to run torco, the customer just ran a water/meth kit and then later went to e85.
I know how they work and that when you compress air it heats up.

As to why they don't have an intercooler it says:
Cooler air charge, no intercooler needed.
That tells me they have made improvements in the supercharger and that it does not produce as much heat as other superchargers of that style.

It also says:
60-80 degrees cooler air charge.
That is in the neighborhood of what you might expect to get with an intercooler on most other forced induction power adders. Therefore I deduce that is why they made the statement above.

Without knowing the type, specs and issues with your customer's engine there could be several reasons they told you that.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They evidently have any issues they may have had with them fixed.
Read the page on the link I posted, they don't need an intercooler it says.
I wouldn't be afraid to try one, as they have been around for many years and you just don't last that long selling junk. They make one of the best blowers of that type for 5.0 engines, period IMO.

Tuners shouldn't have any more problems tuning them than any other engine boosted or otherwise. If they do then it must be because they just need to learn how. What probably bothers them is that the boost comes on so early, so they would need to adjust fuel delivery and timing to compensate for that. I'm sure there is a learning curve to tuning an engine with one on it.

I have seen too many posts on the net where someone says, "My tuner says XXX are junk and hard to tune." Whether they are talking about chips, superchargers, turbos or whatever, I bet the real reason is that they just don't have any experience with XXX. A good tuner would say, "I haven't tuned one of those before and it will take me some time to learn how, if you want me to try it."
They are good blowers I haven't had any experience with the 2.1 only the 1.7 and it made good power. I read that they only make the 2.1 now. Tunning these blowers is not very complicated it takes time like you said but when it comes to tunning the tunner should take his time to begin with my friend takes all day with one car to make sure that every thing is how it should be when it came to that kb fox he would let the car sit for a while to set the blower cool and then went at it again. I don't really like tunners that are brand loyalist I went to a shop where he would not tune my car because I had a bap I just walked away with a face like this O_o didn't even asked why.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #19
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
They are good blowers I haven't had any experience with the 2.1 only the 1.7 and it made good power. I read that they only make the 2.1 now. Tunning these blowers is not very complicated it takes time like you said but when it comes to tunning the tunner should take his time to begin with my friend takes all day with one car to make sure that every thing is how it should be when it came to that kb fox he would let the car sit for a while to set the blower cool and then went at it again. I don't really like tunners that are brand loyalist I went to a shop where he would not tune my car because I had a bap I just walked away with a face like this O_o didn't even asked why.
I think they made some improvements to the newer blowers. At least I thought I read about them doing so, but I read so many things it's hard to say for sure.

You experienced exactly what I was talking about. They were ignorant of your product so they refused to work on it. IMO that's just stupid and counter productive to even owning a tuning shop.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know how they work and that when you compress air it heats up.

As to why they don't have an intercooler it says:
Cooler air charge, no intercooler needed.
That tells me they have made improvements in the supercharger and that it does not produce as much heat as other superchargers of that style.

It also says:
60-80 degrees cooler air charge.
That is in the neighborhood of what you might expect to get with an intercooler on most other forced induction power adders. Therefore I deduce that is why they made the statement above.

Without knowing the type, specs and issues with your customer's engine there could be several reasons they told you that.
It was just that the air charge was to hot with his 1.7 might have been the blower that he got it used but since then he had it rebuilt. He sold the car and we never found out what happend to it. If I remember it was a 306, afr heads and a anderson cam, but it was better after the rebuilt or maybe it was the e85.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:

I think they made some improvements to the newer blowers. At least I thought I read about them doing so, but I read so many things it's hard to say for sure.

You experienced exactly what I was talking about. They were ignorant of your product so they refused to work on it. IMO that's just stupid and counter productive to even owning a tuning shop.
It was maybe the dumbest thing that has happend to me when it comes to tunning my friend drove all the way from Hayward to oregon to tune my car because the computer fried and I left my sctx3 at home after that I had my sct in the car at all times.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
It was just that the air charge was to hot with his 1.7 might have been the blower that he got it used but since then he had it rebuilt. He sold the car and we never found out what happend to it. If I remember it was a 306, afr heads and a anderson cam, but it was better after the rebuilt or maybe it was the e85.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

It was maybe the dumbest thing that has happend to me when it comes to tunning my friend drove all the way from Hayward to oregon to tune my car because the computer fried and I left my sctx3 at home after that I had my sct in the car at all times.
It was probably, mostly the E85. Alcohol runs much, much cooler than gasoline.

Now that sounds like something I might do.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

My friend carrys all brands from dyablo, sct, procharger, vortech, paxton, whipple, kb, turbonetics, garret, pricision. All he tells his customers is pick your poison but do your research first.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #23
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
My friend carrys all brands from dyablo, sct, procharger, vortech, paxton, whipple, kb, turbonetics, garret, pricision. All he tells his customers is pick your poison but do your research first.
That's the best way to handle it. Then they can't blame him if something goes south.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT