gt40p head setup on a 94 gt. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
gt40p head setup on a 94 gt.

I'm putting gt40ps on with the explorer upper and ported lower manifold.
I'm wanting to get thr most low end torque out of this setup that I can.
But my ? Is I don't know if I should just leave the stock cam since it's a decent Cam and just put 1.7 r.r on it and call it done. Or if I should put a e303 in it. And I'm not planning on getting it tuned. I got full exhaust, 410 gears,70mm trottlebody and subframes and lower control arms. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Rob94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
If you want the most low end torque I'd say stick with the stock cam, if you don't mind loosing a little torque you could get the cam. It wouldn't be much of a lost since u already got 4.10s. I've never run 1.7s but from what I've heard you would need a taller valve cover and then you would need a spacer in between your upper and lower intake to clear the valve cover but I'm not 100% on that. I did run gt40ps with a explorer intake. I broke my motor apart and spent 500 bucks for a e cam and all the little parts that go along with that and didn't notice anything lol
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yeah thanks. That's what I was leanin more to is keepin the stock cam. I already bought the spacer for it. And thst sucks u spent thst kind of money and didn't hardly feel anything. Thsts good to know. But with that spacer for the intake thst I got will I be able to use older style tall valve covers thst would clear the I.7s ?
Rob94gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT