Head light problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Head light problem

I got a 93 lx nd idk but the lights are all jacked up if i turn on the lights they seem to be ok but when i switch it to the high beam they just dim nd the high beam indicator is always on even when on low beams idk if a wire is crossed or the muitfunction switch is messed up also or a crossed shorted wire? Has anyone had this problem? Nd i had bought this car like this, nd also just put a new 130 amp alternator bc the voltage was reading 11.80 volts with everything on nd now it reads 12.40? Nd on the gauge its reading like quarter on the charging gauge?
Adam331Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam331Fastback
I got a 93 lx nd idk but the lights are all jacked up if i turn on the lights they seem to be ok but when i switch it to the high beam they just dim nd the high beam indicator is always on even when on low beams idk if a wire is crossed or the muitfunction switch is messed up also or a crossed shorted wire? Has anyone had this problem? Nd i had bought this car like this, nd also just put a new 130 amp alternator bc the voltage was reading 11.80 volts with everything on nd now it reads 12.40? Nd on the gauge its reading like quarter on the charging gauge?
Electrical problems are the worst lol. My 93 lx has tail light issues and its so annoying. Check the wires going from the switch down and see if they're melted at all bc a few of my wires were melted together that or the harness or maybe the switch. Junkyards or eBay have switches cheap so try that if no wires or anything are melted.
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks i appreciate the info ill check to see if the wires are melted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam331Fastback
Ok thanks i appreciate the info ill check to see if the wires are melted
Also pick up a haynes or chiltons book on it if you don't have one 18$ on eBay. Trojan and dream stang told me to and its helping out a lot. They have complete diagrams for everything you're looking for. And a lot more info
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Will do buddy thanks for the help!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I recommend BOTH! Between the two of them u usually get a better understanding. One will have a pic and the other wont , one will describe the procedure one way and the other maybe not at all. I find myself impressed with the haynes more often though.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
I recommend BOTH! Between the two of them u usually get a better understanding. One will have a pic and the other wont , one will describe the procedure one way and the other maybe not at all. I find myself impressed with the haynes more often though.
I have a haynes and I find it helpful. And for 17$ free shipping can't beat it. Covers all foxes and capris 79-86

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Should re-word that. All foxes 79-93 and capris 79-86

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT