Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Paxton

1K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  91gt 
#1 ·
Anybody know anything about this super charger paxton sn93 my buddy got it off some dude he had it on a bone stock 5.0 and my buddy a has a bbk intake ford racing heads and an e cam will blower work or not

#5 ·
Then why not... I would get it tuned after the install to be on the safe side.. Depending on the boost level he will need to upgrade his fuel pump and injectors. Also some good plugs that won't be blown out by boost, also if possible it wouldn't hurt a thing to get a girdle kit if you guys are pulling the motor out..

#12 ·
Do not run it without getting it tuned or you run the risk of destroying the engine. My Paxton Novi 2000 instructions also tell you to not free rev the engine.
The pressure buildup when you let off the throttle quickly can destroy your supercharger.

Look in the sticky thread about (LINK>) Superchargers and Turbos for more information.

#22 ·
You probably won't get much at idle.
They don't start building much air flow or pressure until 2-3K I think.

#24 ·
Is the bypass valve hooked up correctly?

#25 ·
ir you cant figure it out. and not gonna get a pms. you may want to let the tuner fix it. i dont think it would be much more since your already gonna give a left testicle. just an idea. i always get scared for people. cause i dont remember the exact percentage but its something really crazy like 80% of people that blow an engine, do it in the first few days because of improper tune.

#27 ·
:confused: It should have. :confused:

Get the model and serial number so we can figure out what you have exactly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.