Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Stock heads aluminum or iron?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  dreamstang 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a 94 gt the guy says it has a fi boss 302 in it. He also says it has aluminum heads. Do these years of cars come with aluminum heads or are they iron. Things to look for that would tell me it's a ford racing boss 302 long block .

#2 ·
If it has aluminum heads they are likely either Ford Racing or other aftermarket. None of them came from the factory with aluminum heads.

If the block isn't stamped on the outside somewhere you can see it you won't be able to tell without tearing it down I don't think. Maybe look the blocks up on Google and see if you can find any differences or marking that will tell you for sure. LINK > How to ID a Ford Racing Boss 302 Block

Note: 99.9% of the time I have ran across things like this, it ended up being either an outright lie or just wishful thinking on the owner's part, so be cautious and check well before buying.

#4 ·
#7 ·
I don't really know for sure, but I don't think they are different enough to tell that way.

So as long as its got aluminum heads that does mean they are somewhat a performance head.
Yes, they will likely be some brand of performance heads. :good:

#11 ·
IF it's a Boss block, then yes the block alone is worth that much and the car without the transmission working should be worth that much too.
So pretty much yes either way, but with it being offered that cheap I wouldn't get my hopes up to far on it actually being a Boss block.

#12 ·
Trojan Horse said:
IF it's a Boss block, then yes the block alone is worth that much and the car without the transmission working should be worth that much too.
So pretty much yes either way, but with it being offered that cheap I wouldn't get my hopes up to far on it actually being a Boss block.
He was asking 3000. But he had the uhaul was there and they were moving. So he needed it gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.