Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Metal squealing noise after driving for a while

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Patches89 
#1 ·
Need help! Stumped! I get a steady squealing noise after driving for about 20 minutes, then the squealing starts happening. If I hit the brakes, nothing changes. I cannot pinpoint the sound because while driving it sounds like it is coming from the middle of he car. As I slow down the squealing comes to a stop at about 5 mph. The only thing I can imagine it would be would be would be the brakes, but when applied nothing changes, then I thought maybe my calipers may not be moving freely and the heat with the ( still plenty of pad left ) old pads may be making noise. Thins has been going on for months and every time I take it to a shop they cannot reproduce! Mainly because it takes a while for the noise to start and no one will drive it long enough to reproduce the sound.

#3 ·
Manual trans? Check your TOB bearing and make sure it isn't riding on the pressure plate fingers.

Are you sure the transmission is full of fluid/grease?

Pop the hood when it is happening and see if it might be the belt tensioner idler pulley.

#8 ·
Make sure it's full of fluid and nothing is rubbing on the driveshaft.

#10 ·
That's a good idea. I had forgotten about that possibility. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.