Mustang Evolution Forum banner

HelP: Identify year of dash wiring harness?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Buckallred 
#1 ·
Problem: I was sold an underdash harness that was supposedly a 1987 harness. I installed it. There are many plugs left over, probably about 4-7 or so. I think this dash harness is from a 1990 or later.

Related problem: The car will not spark. There is power to the coil and distributor, but no spark. The previous owner "converted" the car to a Mass Air Flow car (in a very ****ty and unsuccessful way), so the ECU I have is the MAF type (A9L ECU). The car was running before, so I don't think that is the problem. Also, the engine harness I previously had was a 1987 with the MAF additional harness. The new harness has no MAF provision, I will have to buy the additional MAF harness (the old one was crappy and had been spliced, etc).

Question: Can anyone help me identify the year of my "new" underdash harness? Any colors or other identifying features? I will post pics of it, tho it is installed and will be hard to see. I suspect the extra plugs are for airbags. I understand that a 1990 or later dash harness will not work in a 1987 car. As always, all comments/advice are greatly appreciated. This car has been a nightmare. Anyone want to buy it? SAC, CA.

#2 ·
If it does not have any tags on it with the identifying numbers, then identifying exactly what you have will be next to impossible.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.