Time for paint..need suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

Region: Arkansas
Time for paint..need suggestions

Got all my bolt ons and long tubes on so I'm ready to paint the car. It's a factory red with gay graphics 87 gt. my dream fox is black but that's gonna cost double to switch colors so I need to stick with any shade of red. I'm probably going to do drag lites or black bullits. Just asking for suggestions on which red looks the best..pics would be perfect. Also wheel and hood suggestions would be a big help.
AgPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
There is a link in the useful info thread about painting a car yourself for cheap. If you feel like taking the time to do all the sanding and maybe practice painting on an old fender or something i would look into it. But for what its worth, my 87gt is black and i love the color but its SO hard to keep it clean. Black shows everything
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgPilot
Got all my bolt ons and long tubes on so I'm ready to paint the car. It's a factory red with [B]gay graphics[B] 87 gt. my dream fox is black but that's gonna cost double to switch colors so I need to stick with any shade of red. I'm probably going to do drag lites or black bullits. Just asking for suggestions on which red looks the best..pics would be perfect. Also wheel and hood suggestions would be a big help.
Hate to be immature one here but this got a laught outta me lol. I've always been a HUGE fan of the reef blue foxes. I think nothing compares to color when it comes to the foxes. However if you've gotta keep it red I'd repaint it in the factory red it came with. One, because it's a beautiful shade of red. Two, if it ever came down to you having to sell it, it's gonna be a lot easier to sell it with the factory paint color than it would be with a custom paint job. I'm also just a big fan of factory colors, there's a reason ford chose that color and there's a reason they sold as well as they did IMO.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Theres two things i do every week that suck: 1) go to Work 2) wash my black mustang and try to have less than a million water spots...on a good day lol
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox
Theres two things i do every week that suck: 1) go to Work 2) wash my black mustang and try to have less than a million water spots...on a good day lol
its all about technique. when i wash my black car. there is really alot going on when it comes to washing.

a couple quick tips.
use a good carsoap. and when i wash i only wash a small area at a time. and then dry it. then move on to the next panel. and it help to have a good drying towel.

also i dont drive my car often. so it sits in the car/dust factory. i can usually get away with dusting it off with a california car duster. its like magic. a quick dusting and it looks like i just washed it....well besides the few hand prints.lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #6

Region: Arkansas
Thanks everyone..yeah I know what I'm getting into with black. I had a black 03 gt in 03 and left in garage most the time but washed once a week and quick wax to rid any swirls. I found that the next gen meguiars liquid not paste was the best for not leaving residue and fixing swirls. Also if you have swirls or have fresh paint that needs buffed the only thing I found to make black perfect is 3m perfect it 3000 with a black and blue foam pad. I'm way too picky to get a cheap color change and then painted black so it's gonna cost right at 3k. I've got a guy that says will do a perfect repaint of the color red for $700. I just love black but would be just fine with red if could see a pic of one I'd love
AgPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith3623

Hate to be immature one here but this got a laught outta me lol. I've always been a HUGE fan of the reef blue foxes. I think nothing compares to color when it comes to the foxes. However if you've gotta keep it red I'd repaint it in the factory red it came with. One, because it's a beautiful shade of red. Two, if it ever came down to you having to sell it, it's gonna be a lot easier to sell it with the factory paint color than it would be with a custom paint job. I'm also just a big fan of factory colors, there's a reason ford chose that color and there's a reason they sold as well as they did IMO.
+10000.., I want a reef blue 93' cobra turbo black interior.. that would be sick..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT