First time mustang owner.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
First time mustang owner..

Whats up every1.. So I got a 95 5.0 with 154k miles a few months back and within the last month I've changed the oil, Royal Purple (of course) with a K&N filter, put in NGK V-Powers, FRPP Wires, MSD Cap and Rotor, new fuel filter, new belt, new rear main seal, a Stage 1 Spec Clutch Kit, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch fork, new clutch fork pivot stud, had a bad U-Joint on the driveshaft so replaced it.. Steeda Clutch Cable, and new wheels nd tires.. also ran a few tanks of the Lucas injector cleaner through it..


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0385.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	65570


Car also has a catless xpipe and 40 series flows, dumped by the rear axle.. and a MSD blaster coil..

Anything im missing? I'd like to get a little more power thoe..
And since you guys prolly like pics here you go..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_193949.png
Views:	353
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	65571


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_193949.png
Views:	353
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	65571



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_194732.png
Views:	244
Size:	828.4 KB
ID:	65583



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_194854.png
Views:	297
Size:	910.7 KB
ID:	65584



Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1345405519108.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	65586



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_195142.png
Views:	421
Size:	794.4 KB
ID:	65589



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0384.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	65590








Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_195311.png
Views:	239
Size:	934.9 KB
ID:	65592



Oh and you know I had to get it, reppin my fifty lol
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
I'm getting old I guess. What does repin my fifty mean?

Btw nice ride keep up the work.. Time for some rear gear and maybe h/c/I swap?
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
johnofarch14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness
Region: Illinois
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Nice!!! Welcome to the forum!!
__________________
johnofarch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
Re: First time mustang owner..

Welcome Newbie nice ride.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
I'm getting old I guess. What does repin my fifty mean?

Btw nice ride keep up the work.. Time for some rear gear and maybe h/c/I swap?
Lol representing my 5.0..
yeah im thinking about doing h/c/I.. thats where it starts to get expensive though right?

My goal is 300rwhp.. Will that get me there??

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog
Welcome Newbie nice ride.
Thanks..

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14
Nice!!! Welcome to the forum!!
Thanks..
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Re: First time mustang owner..

Yes an HCI and tune will get you to 300+RWHP and ya it can get expensive depending on what you go with. Trick Flow has a nice complete HCI kit for around 2500 i think? and its will easily get you over the 300 hump.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17
Yes an HCI and tune will get you to 300+RWHP and ya it can get expensive depending on what you go with. Trick Flow has a nice complete HCI kit for around 2500 i think? and its will easily get you over the 300 hump.
Ohok nice I'll look in to that.. and what would be good get tuned with? What would my tq look like with that?
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
welcome. sweet ride !!! and belt too
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
With the trickflow top end kit I don't think a tune would be necessary but defiantly helps.. Just google it or YouTube. I've seen guys make 310rwhp 300tq..that should make it run!! Then time for boost
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
With the trickflow top end kit I don't think a tune would be necessary but defiantly helps.. Just google it or YouTube. I've seen guys make 310rwhp 300tq..that should make it run!! Then time for boost

Yeah I jus did some reading on it.. looks pretty sick.. But whats the difference between the street heat and track heat kits?. The track heat is only 100 bucks more..

Yeah boost will probably be next summer.. im thinkin vortec..
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
If it were me, before spending 3k on a HCI setup I'd tear it down and rebuild the motor. 154k miles could mean that motors been put through its fair share of abuse depending on how it was drivin previously. Not saying it has been drivin hard, but no one knows. If its not your everyday driver, that's the route I'd go before throwing that much power at it. Either way a HCI is your best bet for your goal.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith3623
If it were me, before spending 3k on a HCI setup I'd tear it down and rebuild the motor. 154k miles could mean that motors been put through its fair share of abuse depending on how it was drivin previously. Not saying it has been drivin hard, but no one knows. If its not your everyday driver, that's the route I'd go before throwing that much power at it. Either way a HCI is your best bet for your goal.
Yeah its my everyday driver.. I've put about 2k miles on it and I drive it hard lol
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Lou89lx5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 31
Welcome to the forum just last year my first thread had the same headline I just got my first mustang a year ago , good luck they are fun
Lou89lx5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95fitty

Yeah I jus did some reading on it.. looks pretty sick.. But whats the difference between the street heat and track heat kits?. The track heat is only 100 bucks more..

Yeah boost will probably be next summer.. im thinkin vortec..
The street kit would be better for a dd as it gives you more tq and the power curve is lower in the rpm where you are all the time as a dd, the track heat is made for higher rpm track cars although allot of people still use them on the street. The only difference in the kits is the upper intake the rest I'd the same. And vortech are good blowers, I'm in the process of putting my new built 306 in with a vortech supercharger. Good luck with yours.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17

The street kit would be better for a dd as it gives you more tq and the power curve is lower in the rpm where you are all the time as a dd, the track heat is made for higher rpm track cars although allot of people still use them on the street. The only difference in the kits is the upper intake the rest I'd the same. And vortech are good blowers, I'm in the process of putting my new built 306 in with a vortech supercharger. Good luck with yours.
Ohok that makes sense.. Street Heat kit it is then lol.. What are you looking to make with that setup?
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95fitty

Ohok that makes sense.. Street Heat kit it is then lol.. What are you looking to make with that setup?
Im hoping in the 450+ range but not going to push it to much as its just a dd so should be nice for street driving with maybe a trip to the track once i get a new tranny lol. But I'm going from stock hp to this so i can't wait to see what its like. Drove it like that for 4 years while i fixed up the interior and new top the easy i wanted so now time for power!
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17

Im hoping in the 450+ range but not going to push it to much as its just a dd so should be nice for street driving with maybe a trip to the track once i get a new tranny lol. But I'm going from stock hp to this so i can't wait to see what its like. Drove it like that for 4 years while i fixed up the interior and new top the easy i wanted so now time for power!
Nice.. it'll be a beast then..
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
I'm hoping
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
Adams95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 11
Nice ride! Just got my 95 a month ago. My 3rd stang actually but first GT love it so far just working bugs out
Adams95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams95gt
Nice ride! Just got my 95 a month ago. My 3rd stang actually but first GT love it so far just working bugs out
Nice.. yeah im glad I went with the 95, newer body but still got the 5.0.. whats going on with ur Stang?
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95fitty
Whats up every1.. So I got a 95 5.0 with 154k miles a few months back and within the last month I've changed the oil, Royal Purple (of course) with a K&N filter, put in NGK V-Powers, FRPP Wires, MSD Cap and Rotor, new fuel filter, new belt, new rear main seal, a Stage 1 Spec Clutch Kit, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch fork, new clutch fork pivot stud, had a bad U-Joint on the driveshaft so replaced it.. Steeda Clutch Cable, and new wheels nd tires.. also ran a few tanks of the Lucas injector cleaner through it..

Car also has a catless xpipe and 40 series flows, dumped by the rear axle.. and a MSD blaster coil..

Anything im missing? I'd like to get a little more power thoe..
And since you guys prolly like pics here you go..

Oh and you know I had to get it, reppin my fifty lol
Congrats man. I know how ya feel. I just got a 95 GT and it's my first mustang as well.
Matt95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt95GT

Congrats man. I know how ya feel. I just got a 95 GT and it's my first mustang as well.
Yeah I love it.. and parts are so damn cheap compared to my last car lol plus no car payment..
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17

Im hoping in the 450+ range but not going to push it to much as its just a dd so should be nice for street driving with maybe a trip to the track once i get a new tranny lol. But I'm going from stock hp to this so i can't wait to see what its like. Drove it like that for 4 years while i fixed up the interior and new top the easy i wanted so now time for power!
Which mods are putting you at 450rwhp.. That's a big jump from stock and will cost about 5k to handle that power
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000

Which mods are putting you at 450rwhp.. That's a big jump from stock and will cost about 5k to handle that power
Its a 306 with a steel crank forged rods and forged dished pistons, mls head gaskets, trickflow heads, f cam, street heat intake, main support system, vally support system. And a fun 12 to 15 psi from the vortech being feed by 60lb injectors.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #25
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
That may do it.. I run 15psi and I'm at 420rwhp 483tq.. What size heads are the street heats? Mine are AFR 165's they flow great.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
That may do it.. I run 15psi and I'm at 420rwhp 483tq.. What size heads are the street heats? Mine are AFR 165's they flow great.
I'll have to look I'm not entirely surer but even that would be good anything over 400 will make me very happy. What's your setup?
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #27
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
306, stoke stroke scat crank underground .0010, h beam rods, main girdle Arp hardware clevite 77 bearings, total seal rings, trw .030 pistons L2305's, afr 165 heads ported and polished and flow tested to match intake fel pro 1290 gasket, fel- pro head gaskets "I'd rather blow a gasket than a head.. Also the mls you stated requires a specific RA finish to your block and heads," FMS b303 cam 1.6 svo RR, GT40 upper and lower, pro flow 75mm MAF, Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger 15psi boost, PA supercomp c-4 trans with brake 3k stall, trans safety loop, aluminum driveshaft, built 8.8 327 gear, all suspension goodies, 2 walbro 255lph fuel pumps 1 in tank, 1 in line, Mac equal length shortie headers, O/R x pipe, pypes violator mufflers etc... So basically stock
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
306, stoke stroke scat crank underground .0010, h beam rods, main girdle Arp hardware clevite 77 bearings, total seal rings, trw .030 pistons L2305's, afr 165 heads ported and polished and flow tested to match intake fel pro 1290 gasket, fel- pro head gaskets "I'd rather blow a gasket than a head.. Also the mls you stated requires a specific RA finish to your block and heads," FMS b303 cam 1.6 svo RR, GT40 upper and lower, pro flow 75mm MAF, Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger 15psi boost, PA supercomp c-4 trans with brake 3k stall, trans safety loop, aluminum driveshaft, built 8.8 327 gear, all suspension goodies, 2 walbro 255lph fuel pumps 1 in tank, 1 in line, Mac equal length shortie headers, O/R x pipe, pypes violator mufflers etc... So basically stock
Sounds nice close to my setup minus the pistons and mine had an f cam vs the b cam and i think my heads are close to that also. But ya the motor already has 200 miles on it and made 490 on 13 psi from a turbo so i should be close i think with 14-15 psi. We will see. So is it a blast to drive?
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
Registered User
Newbie
 
Adams95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 11
I think it's having fuel pressure problems
Adams95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #30
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Yes it is fun picking on zr1's in the eighth,

What's your fuel issue? Check the pressure.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
Registered User
Newbie
 
Adams95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 11
Plan on checking it out this weekend. It just falls flat at 3500 rpms in 1st n 2nd gear
Adams95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn95fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 48
Lol my thread got jacked..
Sn95fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Lmao.. That happens time to time..
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Here is a idea of what to look forward to.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.