Tps adjustment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #1

Region: New Mexico
Tps adjustment

just wondering if anyone out there has tried adjusting there tps and if actually helps out any. Mine reads at .71 with koeo. Didn't see the wot position. Reason I ask I because from time to time I get and engine bogg when get on it and lower tons and sometime at about 4k Rpms. Like something holds the whine back. Just aski g if anyone out here has tried it. Maybe it's time for a new tps
88stang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Tps adjustment

From what I have read over the last few months resetting it is usually a waste of time as it is reset or changed by the ECU each time the engine is turned off and restarted.

You could try resetting it to the originally recommended .98 volts with the throttle closed, but it is more important to see if it advances (voltage raises) smoothly with the opening of the throttle to around 4.5 to 5.0 volts. If it does not, then it likely needs to be replaced.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #3

Region: New Mexico
Well I adjusted the tps and believe it or it made a huge difference. Felt the difference. So I decided to check the timing on it again as I found the distributor slightly loose and found it to be at 2. Changed it to 12 and just opened the car up even more. So in other words the car is back to life. Was have charging issues with under drive pulleys, I stalled my stock ones and bam. Charging issues at idle went away. Seem like I'm on a streak here. Now the only thing with a/c on full blast voltage drops to 13 now. Don't know if I'm maxing the alternator out or blower motor/resistor drawing to much.
88stang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Great job.. This is the best forum around the guys give great info, I think my voltage drops around 12/13 when my ac is on also

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT