Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suggested Chips/Tuners?? 1994 GT

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on chips and Tuners for my 1994 GT.

#2 ·
Note, this is my opinion only and it has been formulated after much studying and research on the options available for 89-95 Mustangs.

IMO, chips for our cars are almost a total waste of time and money, because they become useless as soon as you make further changes to the engine and need to be returned to the manufacturer to be reprogrammed.

Out of the few tuner options for these cars, I believe the AFM PMS is one of the best and easiest to learn how to use.

See this thread for more info and videos on how to use them. - AFM PMS

#4 ·
90GTNovi2000 said:
+1 on the Pam's if you have the patients and want to know how to tune your own car.. This will help you learn and calculate all everything.. But I pay hpp racing to tune mine hear in Tx. It can get pricey depending on what they do on the Dyno.
Pams ? Lol

The great thing is you have so many files you can store. So when you get something working good, you can save that file. Then you can further better without the worry of messing it up. Because if you do , then you can just reload the old file.

#8 ·
It does not cost "thousands" of dollars and you will end up spending as much or more messing with chips that do not have near the tuning capabilities of the PMS, but it's your choice.

#10 ·
Then you don't really need to worry about a tuner or chip of any type. Your stock ECU can handle those mods and more with no problems.

#11 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Then you don't really need to worry about a tuner or chip of any type. Your stock ECU can handle those mods and more with no problems.
^this!!!
I'll also add it will handle these mods and several more to boot no problem.
As a chip owner/user, I won't be using mine again for awhile and when I do the tunes will come from custom dyno tuning.
Save for finding a deal on a PMS system.

#12 ·
^this!!!
I'll also add it will handle these mods and several more to boot no problem.
As a chip owner/user, I won't be using mine again for awhile and when I do the tunes will come from custom dyno tuning.
Save for finding a deal on a PMS system.
There was one in the Classifieds for like $450 if you're interested.

Thanks for the confirmation. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.