Out with the old, in with the new - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Out with the old, in with the new

I stated in another post a few days ago that I had ordered the MGW shifter for my car. Well, I went outside and started preparing for the arrival of my new shifter by pulling what I thought was the stock and scrapping the old rtv off. To my surprise the car already came with a B&M. Well that's gone and the MGW is in. It feels amazing. I was stunned to see how a company with a reputable name like B&M could be out done a gun manufacturer in Georgia. The MGW is just that much better and they are the same price! Here are a few pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-191940488.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	581.1 KB
ID:	66536

Old B&M with the old B&M knob......

Name:	image-340632971.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	494.5 KB
ID:	66537

The new MGW with kirban knob

Name:	image-3642124751.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	66538

Overhead view
Iluvmy5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Out with the old, in with the new

The MGW must be a good shifter as I have read many posts of owners who like them very well.The only concern I have is the aluminum offset and the apparent thinness of the aluminum where the ball stud screws into it. It just seems like a weak point to me. Maybe not though as I have yet to run across any proof of breakage there.

Myself, I have owned and used a Pro 5.0 shifter for over 10 years now. It has served me well and still is serving me to this date with absolutely no issues and it makes it almost impossible to miss third gear when speed or power shifting.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I had an '84 GT previous to my '90 and had a pro5.0 which I was very happy with. I would of bought another pro5.0 if it weren't for this forum. I would of never heard of the MGW. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the pro5.0. I loved it. Just wanted to explore some of the other products out there with this build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
The MGW must be a good shifter as I have read many posts of owners who like them very well.The only concern I have is the aluminum offset and the apparent thinness of the aluminum where the ball stud screws into it. It just seems like a weak point to me. Maybe not though as I have yet to run across any proof of breakage there.

Myself, I have owned and used a Pro 5.0 shifter for over 10 years now. It has served me well and still is serving me to this date with absolutely no issues and it makes it almost impossible to miss third gear when speed or power shifting.
When I installed my MGW I thought the exact same thing. I figured it was only a matter of time until I snapped it. It's been 2 years and thousands of extremely hard powerful shifts and I haven't had the slightest issue or complaint about it.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Did you use the shift stops or not?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT