Choose your Shop Wisely... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Choose your Shop Wisely...

It was a Good Friday for me. I spent the day at Ramsey’s Performance getting some issues corrected on the GTS. Let me preface this with that I will not mention the shops
Name in this post, nor are they a Vendor or Forum Sponsor. And that I have attempted to contact them on several occasions, all with no return phone calls. So last year I had a local shop in Tampa install new fuel injectors, mass air meter, Diablo chip and tuning on the GTS. This required the Kenne Bell to be removed (and all associated vacuum lines and whatever else was in the way of the fuel rails). My car has run very rich and had issues idling since then. So approximately 2 months ago I was detailing my engine bay and found my #4 plug wire loose. So I snapped it back on and Wow, the extreme fuel smell was all but gone. I was some what concerned after this, so I contacted Dennis at Ramsey’s to see about getting the GTS looked at. And here is the good part… What should have been a short time getting a blessing that all was ok; Ramsey’s found several vacuum lines disconnected. One on the top of the fuel pressure regulator. Another which goes to the fuel return line and one more coming from my throttle body. After these were repaired I had them install new spark plugs for me. Upon removing the old plugs we found 2 that were finger tight (these were removed and the gaps were set by the shop in question). So we install the new plugs and get it ready for a baseline Dyno and when Ramsey’s pulls the computer out what do we find inside (other than the Diablo chip that I paid for). You guessed it the old Kenne Bell switch chip, I felt like we just opened a Cracker Jack box. I am not sure why this was left inside my computer but whatever. Now we go to the Dyno, this is the moment of truth. Again more disappointment, the car is pig rich, and the horsepower and torque were low. Now here is where Dennis Ramsey’s tuning magic happens, after a few pulls and tunes Dennis gets another 40.91RWHP and 40.2RWTQ. Now my GTS is running great and not smelling like fuel anymore.

I really want to thank Dennis and John at Ramsey’s Performance for correcting these issues (and not raping me financially).

P.S. Choose your shop wisely…

Dyno Video Link...
Video of Dyno Pull - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

GTS Engine and Modifications
5.0L 302Ci V8, Kenne Bell 1.5L Supercharger, Kenne Bell FlowZilla Intake, Kenne Bell Ram Air System, DiabloSport DeltaChip, Custom Dyno Tune by Ramsey's Performance, Crane Ignition System, MSD Blaster Coil, Shorty Headers, MAC Prochamber H-Pipe, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers with 2 ½ Stainless Exhaust, Ford Racing 30 lb Fuel Injectors, Professional Mass Air Systems Matched 75mm Mass Air Meter, Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump, World Class T-5 Transmission, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Ford Racing 3.55 Gears, Spec Stage 3+ (Plus) Clutch, Spec Billet Aluminum Flywheel, Full Length Sub Frame Connectors and 6K HID Head Lights.

300.49-RWHP / 378-RWTQ
Ramsey's Performance
Tuned by Ramseys Performance Tampa
The Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT