GTS??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
GTS???

how do u know if u have a gts is there anything to look for are the rims the same as a gt or what or how can u tell if u have one???
95blackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: GTS???

What exactly is a Mustang GTS? To make it simple, think of it as a throwback to the old Mustang LX's of the pre-SN-95 era. The GTS came standard with the basic equipment that made a Mustang a GT. This included the HO 302cid pushrod V-8 powerplant, Borg-Warner T-5 manual transmission and a Traction-Lok axle. Obvious external characteristics of a GTS are the absence of a rear decklid spoiler, lack of fog lamps in the front airdam and 16"x7" 5 spoke SN-95 "waffle" pony rims. A factory original GTS will have the "Mustang GT" logo embossed on the rear bumper cover, as is the case on standard GT's, and "Mustang GT" badging on the front fenders. Dual 2.25" stainless steel tail pipes exit the back.

Inside the passenger compartment the GTS Mustang shares the same amenities as the base V-6 Mustang. Seats are cloth and only the drivers side, 4-way power adjustable is an option. Windows and door locks are manual. Only the driver and passenger side mirrors are powered. Air conditioning and an AM/FM stereo cassette player are standard. Visor mirrors are non-illuminated, as opposed to illuminated like the GT and convertible Mustang's. The instrument pod is the only interior amenity borrowed from the GT (7000rpm redline tach, 150mph speedometer, fuel, volt, oil, and temp gauges.)
As a side note, all options on V6 models were also available on the GTS. These options are easily broken down into two categories. Package Group 1 consisted of power windows, door locks and remote decklid release (standard on GT and convertible.) Group 2 consisted of cruise control, dual illuminated visor mirrors (standard on GT and convertible) and AM/FM stereo cassette player with premium sound. 4-wheel antilock brakes, an AODE transmission, and remote keyless entry were also options. Customers were able to order their GTS from the factory with as little or as many options as they wanted. Options were also available at the dealer, on request of the purchaser.
Ford did away with the GTS designation in 1996, with 1995 being the only year a true GTS model existed, replacing it with the 248A option package, which deleted many things from the car and made it comparable to the GTS. This package continued to be offered until the end of the 1998 model year. As of late, Ford does not plan to offer a stripped version of the current Mustang GT

Also the GTS had no ABS...

I hope this helps you.

Here is a link to my window sticker...
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...00368-1Web.jpg

Also check out some pics of my GTS...
n8vxa - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man....mine has the rims like yours but i have fog lights, power windows and spoiler but i have cloth un-powered seats so idk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

This is my 94GT with cloth.

And the GTS.

If you look at my window sticker you see that power package was an option on the GTS.

But the interior in the GTS is the base V6 only...
Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man ya mines a gt then cause it dont have V6 seats i guess someone just threw the gts rims on for whatever the reason....is your vin number for a gt then or how does that work or is there a different one for the gts....btw sweet looking cars too
Old 03-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

All of the Vin numbers for these say GT/GTS...
Old 03-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

they made them through 98. Basically just a base model cheap as you can get GT made for someone that wants to drag race or that cant afford a higher equpied model~ nice idea. They need to bring it back in the new ones.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
they made them through 98. Basically just a base model cheap as you can get GT made for someone that wants to drag race or that cant afford a higher equpied model~ nice idea. They need to bring it back in the new ones.

You are partially correct... Ford made the GTS in 95 only, they continued with the 248a package through 1998. And some people bought the GTS as a future collectable. Not the price, or for drag racing
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #9

mine is one of 1,123 laser red. that's not breaking it down to manual vs. auto. mine came with the optional spoiler.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT