few new problems... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
few new problems...

i just finally got every problem i had with my car fixed and i ran into a few more today and yesterday my first concern is my oil pressure dropped again down to 4psi at idle and only about 25psi at 5000rpms, second my cars been running hot, i just happened to look over at my gauge and thank god i did bc it was close to 265, third problem is a whisling noise coming from under the hood after it warms up, last problem is 4th gear vibrates really bad.

im guessing 4th gear is going, i might need rings for the oil pressure, and maybe a new thermostat for the temp?, but no clue about the whistling. i might be way off on these im just guessing any input before i go buy anything would be helpful, thanks

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

and my fuel pumps buzzing kinda loud so idk if thats going too, anbd the its idling at 1000rpms even tho it was set to idle around 650-7ish
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody
i just finally got every problem i had with my car fixed and i ran into a few more today and yesterday my first concern is my oil pressure dropped again down to 4psi at idle and only about 25psi at 5000rpms, second my cars been running hot, i just happened to look over at my gauge and thank god i did bc it was close to 265, third problem is a whisling noise coming from under the hood after it warms up, last problem is 4th gear vibrates really bad.

im guessing 4th gear is going, i might need rings for the oil pressure, and maybe a new thermostat for the temp?, but no clue about the whistling. i might be way off on these im just guessing any input before i go buy anything would be helpful, thanks

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

and my fuel pumps buzzing kinda loud so idk if thats going too, anbd the its idling at 1000rpms even tho it was set to idle around 650-7ish
Sounds like the whistling noise could be a bad radiator cap or hole in the radiator.. You need to find out why it's overheating. If it's the radiator, tstat or waterpump, that may re the reason for the low oil pressure the oil thins hen it heats, but check if it's full. Is your car burning oil?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
I would check your driveshaft bolts for the vibration. Sounds like they are backing out.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My driveshaft bolts were backing out a while ago and i tightened them down as for oil burning I haven't had to put oil in it since I changed it hasn't gone down at all. So the oil pressure is most likely from it reaching 265 degrees? But the vibrating in 4th is the driveshaft bolts? Thanks bc I kinda was worried at first about the oil pressure
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody
My driveshaft bolts were backing out a while ago and i tightened them down as for oil burning I haven't had to put oil in it since I changed it hasn't gone down at all. So the oil pressure is most likely from it reaching 265 degrees? But the vibrating in 4th is the driveshaft bolts? Thanks bc I kinda was worried at first about the oil pressure
If you didn't loctite them it's a pretty good chance they're backing out again.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

If you didn't loctite them it's a pretty good chance they're backing out again.
+1

Also make sure your fan has a shroud and your timing is correct.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: few new problems...

Don't rev it to 5k when that happens. As a rule of thumb you need 10 psi of oil pressure for every 1k of RPM. You run a chance of bearing damage otherwise.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT