95 cobra 3rd brake light - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

95 cobra 3rd brake light

Mine has some bulbs out and it is a sealed housing so I'm wanting to replace it. Does anyone know where I could locate one at? I looked on AM but they don't have one to fit a cobra. It's in the spoiler so it's a different design than a gt or v6. AM's website has theirs listed that it will fit but I called and they said it was listed wrong.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: 95 cobra 3rd brake light

Try ebay
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: 95 cobra 3rd brake light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan1980 View Post
Mine has some bulbs out and it is a sealed housing so I'm wanting to replace it. Does anyone know where I could locate one at? I looked on AM but they don't have one to fit a cobra. It's in the spoiler so it's a different design than a gt or v6. AM's website has theirs listed that it will fit but I called and they said it was listed wrong.
Found this:
Quote:
Ok, I know not a lot of folks on here do not have a 94-95 Mustang Cobra but I am going to post this to help those who may need to replace the hard to find 3rd brake light in the rear wing on these cars. I took my rear spoiler off and took the 3rd brake light out and was looking around the Baumholder Auto Stripyard and noticed the 3rd brake lights on the 1st Gen Ford Taurus SHO looked a lot like that of the 94-95 Cobra┬┤s so I took some measurements and they are exactly the same length so I decided to take the two they had there out and look at the mounting points. Exactly the same. As a matter of fact, the part number is also the same so if anyone can find a 1st Gen Taurus SHO somewhere in a junk yard you can now replace the hard to find 3rd brake light. I am doing some research now to see if they can be ordered for the SHO or not.

By the way, I priced a used 3rd brake light at a junk yard in the states from a 95 Cobra and the guy told me it didnt work but wanted $100 for it because they can be fixed and the lense was perfect.

and this...
Cobra Brake Light Repair

and this.
Cheap Cobra Brake Light Repair
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT