Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Thermostat

863 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Rcansawroy 
#1 ·
What makes a 94 eat thermostats I have a 180 and its not working I've went thru 7 as of today in 2 months new water pump and rad and rad cap

#4 ·
Well then put a new thermostat in and by-pass your heater core and that will eliminate the heater core. If no problems with it by-passed then that was it.

Also, look for any collapsed radiator hoses.

#7 ·
There's two lines that run into the firewall that are the send and return coolant lines to the heater core. Drain the coolant, disconnect the lines ( on the passenger side of the firewall, right behind the throttle body) and by some little plastic heater hose connectors from any auto parts store. Just connect the two lines. Mine is bypassed, and I used a heater hose connector that is an elbow to do it. Took 10 minutes lol.

If yor heater core is bad one of a couple things will happen, either when u turn the defroster on it will leave a film on your windshield from the coolant fumes, or on the passenger side of the firewall towards the bottom you will see what looks like a fitting for a hose to connect to. It is a weep hole and coolant will leak from it. These things only happen if it ruptured tho. If its clogged they won't.

#8 ·
Ok I bypassed the water pump now I'm good to go I guess until it gets cold hopefully I find the time to tear her down and put the new heater core in since I can't afford to pay anyone wish all my friends that live close and drive mustangs would put our heads together and hire us a mechanic to work on our car as a group then we could help as far as our knowledge goes but would b cheaper and have all the tools but they are a numb nuts maybe one day and I want to thank u all for the help. Thanks signed R CAN SAW ROY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.