Originally Posted by Attackthesystem
Okay so I just bought a 91 5.0 mustang. And I had to drill and tap the intake manifold for the ait sensor or whatever it's called because the previous owner just had it laying on top of the engine not mounted.
The car runs really rich and I though that would fix it but it didn't. Any suggestions.
Also the car runs even richer when it rains or moist out. The car has an msd ignition box, I haven't had much time to work on the car but so far I have replace the coil and that's it.
All help is appreciated.
1. Are you sure the AIT sensor is good?
2. Have you checked and tested the O2 sensors? (There is a link in the Useful Info sticky thread in this forum for test procedures.
3. Have you checked and cleaned the MAF sensor?
4. Are you sure the injectors are good and not sticking open?
5. Have you checked the intake, injector ports, vacuum lines & fittings for leaks?
6. Are the plugs, plug wires, cap & rotor in good shape?