Injector size? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 38
Injector size?

I Did read the article in the useful info about injectors. But that was like reading German.

Im just wanting to know roughly what size injectors I would need. I have a 95 5.0 with CAI, flowmaster X-Pipe and a cam.

Idk what size cam or what else may be done to car. Or how to check all that stuff.

I'm trying to learn all these things so excuse my ignorance.
Matt95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1965646354.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	70646  
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Can't say I totally agree with your chart. But it's a start. My ink to HP rearing compared to FI scale is off. Besides I in NA. Wrong car or manufacturerer, or something
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Can't say I totally agree with your chart. But it's a start. My ink to HP rearing compared to FI scale is off. Besides I in NA. Wrong car or manufacturerer, or something
should be a good ball park for someone that doesnt know.


also op. dont forget you need matching maf for whatever size injectors you go with.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt95GT View Post
I Did read the article in the useful info about injectors. But that was like reading German.

Im just wanting to know roughly what size injectors I would need. I have a 95 5.0 with CAI, flowmaster X-Pipe and a cam.

Idk what size cam or what else may be done to car. Or how to check all that stuff.

I'm trying to learn all these things so excuse my ignorance.
Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
I hate iPhone, changes words by auto correct. Glad you got my meaning. The chart has ratings that are off for NA motors.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
Runs fine. No sputtering or anything.

Is there a way to test the pressure on my current injectors?

And even though u do not know much about this stuff would 42 pounds be to much?
Matt95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt95GT

Runs fine. No sputtering or anything.

Is there a way to test the pressure on my current injectors?

And even though u do not know much about this stuff would 42 pounds be to much?
if your mostly stock i would stick to 19 lb injectors. you wouldnt be even able to run 42 lb injectors without a new maf and 500$ tune. even then you probably would just flood out and not be able to start it. even with full hci you wouldnt need more than 30s. but i wouldnt even put 30s on yet until you have upgreaded our hci (heads cam intake).
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

if your mostly stock i would stick to 19 lb injectors. you wouldnt be even able to run 42 lb injectors without a new maf and 500$ tune. even then you probably would just flood out and not be able to start it. even with full hci you wouldnt need more than 30s. but i wouldnt even put 30s on yet until you have upgreaded our hci (heads cam intake).
I have the intake and cam just don't know about the heads. I do plan getting the abaco mad though and a full tune at the beginning of next year. Guess that'll give me an idea of what my car has?
Matt95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt95GT

I have the intake and cam just don't know about the heads. I do plan getting the abaco mad though and a full tune at the beginning of next year. Guess that'll give me an idea of what my car has?
See if you can find some numbers on the heads. Are they aluminum? What size injectors do you have now?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

I hate iPhone, changes words by auto correct. Glad you got my meaning. The chart has ratings that are off for NA motors.
I know what mean! I meant abaco MAF
Matt95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Well I don't know 100% either but from the speed shop I use and the guys that work there that showed me the chart , I can't argue it!!

I had 24lb injectors with my bored motor and HCI, the 24lb injectors were maxed out at 5000rpms so I bumped up to 30lb injectors and I can run to 7000rpms before max!

So I'm sure the chart is close but nothing is 100% untill you hook up to a dyno and see what you need!!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
I know we already have a chart linked on here, but here's a whole PDF on injectors. Page 3 has the injector per HP chart.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...d_Adaptors.pdf
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I know we already have a chart linked on here, but here's a whole PDF on injectors. Page 3 has the injector per HP chart.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...d_Adaptors.pdf
What up AZ! Hey, sorry to go off topic, but you in a car club in NC, right? Your link is on FL web site. What do I need to join? Sry all, my private msg is full. Can't delete w/out laptop, using my phone.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Hi folks, the injector chart didn't make sense to me till I went 24 w/out FI. It's ok for NA apps, but it was really over kill to some degree. Real pros will tell you to stick with the appropriate inj size till you exceed their capability in HP, meaning more HP gain with increased fuel delivery. Example, SOHC can handle 30s an more with a supercharger, but with that bring necessary improvements to deliver the fuel. I am putting down 270+ and 19s could do the job, but I have upgrades in mind.
Best up: 24s won't increase fuel consumption, but in my opinion, best mileage is gained at higher RPMs, kinda like 4 bangers. Weird!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Is this charts HP measured in RWHP? It makes sense in that arena.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

What up AZ! Hey, sorry to go off topic, but you in a car club in NC, right? Your link is on FL web site. What do I need to join? Sry all, my private msg is full. Can't delete w/out laptop, using my phone.
Press and hold the message you want to delete like you would deleting an app
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Actually forget that I just tried it and it doesn't work. That's the way you delete messages on another forum app that I belong to and they look the same so I thought it would work, sorry
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Hi folks, the injector chart didn't make sense to me till I went 24 w/out FI. It's ok for NA apps, but it was really over kill to some degree. Real pros will tell you to stick with the appropriate inj size till you exceed their capability in HP, meaning more HP gain with increased fuel delivery. Example, SOHC can handle 30s an more with a supercharger, but with that bring necessary improvements to deliver the fuel. I am putting down 270+ and 19s could do the job, but I have upgrades in mind.
Best up: 24s won't increase fuel consumption, but in my opinion, best mileage is gained at higher RPMs, kinda like 4 bangers. Weird!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------



Is this charts HP measured in RWHP? It makes sense in that arena.
The charts are measured for Flywheel HP
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #19
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post

What up AZ! Hey, sorry to go off topic, but you in a car club in NC, right? Your link is on FL web site. What do I need to join? Sry all, my private msg is full. Can't delete w/out laptop, using my phone.
Actually, I'm in Indiana. I haven't joined any clubs, just cause my schedule is pretty full. Haha! I wish I was further south. It's supposed to be highs in the 50's for the next week or so. I like the cold, just not looking forward to driving my ride in the winter.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.