Fuel System Requirements - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Illinois
Fuel System Requirements

I have a 255 lph pump already with 42lb injectors. If I go to 60 lb injectors, besides a re-calibrated maf what else do I need to change?

Fuel Pressure Regulator/Stock
Fuel Rails/Stock
JayKranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I would definitly get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Not sure about the fuel rails though.
5.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKranz View Post
I have a 255 lph pump already with 42lb injectors. If I go to 60 lb injectors, besides a re-calibrated maf what else do I need to change?

Fuel Pressure Regulator/Stock
Fuel Rails/Stock
I have a 340 lph in tank pump from AFM, a T-Rex external pump and 60 lb injectors. I'm going to try running mine by changing the pressure regulator to an AccuFab adjustable unit and using a set of the larger aftermarket BBK fuel rails.

Eventually I'm going to have to replace the entire fuel system as the tiny fuel lines are going to be a restriction at some point.

To figure out exactly what you need, you have to find out how many GPH/LPH your engine/HP level is going to need, then ensure the pump regulator, fuel lines and rails can supply the volume needed at the fuel pressure you are running. You want to make sure the system can provide the maximum amount and a little more than what is needed at WOT so you don't lean out and fry the engine.

Once again, in my failed drive I had a bunch of info on that, but so far I have not found it in the recovery files.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Illinois
That failed drive is really causing issues for all of us
JayKranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKranz View Post
That failed drive is really causing issues for all of us
Yeah, It just makes me sick that I was so stupid and I knew better too.
I had tons of info on it that was added to from all of my previous systems.
Right now I am running from my WinXP system drive, it has a lot of info, but not all the new stuff that was on my Win7 drive. I should have written it all up and posted it in one of the sticky threads.

P.S. I did find out what happened though I think. The power supply started to fail and the low voltage from it caused the drives to become corrupted as they didn't have enough power to write information to the drives properly and it snowballed from there. From now on I will replace the power supplies every 2-3 years max. Live and learn.

Start by Googling GPH/HP requirements and you should find a calculator or the formulas required to figure what you need. Then somewhere online I found (in a mag article I think), what the stock fuel lines are capable of providing.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT