1995 Stang chrome with gold trime - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
1995 Stang chrome with gold trime

I purchased a 95 red convertible with the gold package, no idea if this was from the manufacturer or add-0n. Car has gold key locks and gold Mustang emblem along with GT 5.0 emblem. I like the look and want to know where I can have the wheels re-done or purchase new ones. The gold on the wheels has some "pitting" in it. If I change to all chrome wheels, it will ruin the look.

Any ideas? This is my first posting so please advise if I have posted to the wrong board. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Obviously I should have previewed and corrected my spelling!!
Keith0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yikes......any pics?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith0321 View Post
I purchased a 95 red convertible with the gold package, no idea if this was from the manufacturer or add-0n. Car has gold key locks and gold Mustang emblem along with GT 5.0 emblem. I like the look and want to know where I can have the wheels re-done or purchase new ones. The gold on the wheels has some "pitting" in it. If I change to all chrome wheels, it will ruin the look.

Any ideas? This is my first posting so please advise if I have posted to the wrong board. Thanks
---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------
Never heard of that being an option.
Is it real gold plating or spray on?

If it's spray on, Dupli-Color has a Metalcast anodizing spray that may produce the results you want. They also have other spray on options on their website.

Or if someone near you does the Gold Effects Spectra Chrome finishes that may be a better choice.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I've seen several red cars and white cars with this. It may be a regional thing but definitely a factory thing IMO
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Doesn't sound very appealing to the eye
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I've heard about a Texas edition mustang with gold this could be replicated or an actual. I'd check it out
Dtibbz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Just saw a black v6 like this last week..
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #8

Quote:

I have a 95 with gold emblem
Chris95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #9

Region: Michigan
If anyone would care to send me their email address I would be happy to send pictures, I am having trouble loading from IPad. Chris, yours looks like mine, except for color. The emblem is gold as well as key locks and Mustang emblem. I have the wheels with gold plating put away until I can find someone to redo them. If they had not been driven in snow they would be good but have some pitting in them. I replaced them with stock Mustang wheels until I can find someone to work on orig ones. Thanks for everyone's responses.
Keith0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #10

Quote:
If anyone would care to send me their email address I would be happy to send pictures, I am having trouble loading from IPad. Chris, yours looks like mine, except for color. The emblem is gold as well as key locks and Mustang emblem. I have the wheels with gold plating put away until I can find someone to redo them. If they had not been driven in snow they would be good but have some pitting in them. I replaced them with stock Mustang wheels until I can find someone to work on orig ones. Thanks for everyone's responses.
My key locks and emblem are gold too. Just got it from my father in law a few weeks ago. He had the original gold rims but they are in terrible shape
Chris95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
To post from iPad go to "advanced" up near "send" then you can attach from photos or link it.... Sorry if you have tried this lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT