Electrical question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
Electrical question

Hey fellas, Im not super proficient at electrical stuff, but i was wondering, Is there some kind of piece i could buy to distribute power to separate accessories. My car has like 6 hot wires directly on the positive side of the battery, and I want to move the battery to the rear. So is there some kind of alternative to connect all of these to? and then maybe take that distribution piece and wire it to the starter solenoid?
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown347 View Post
Hey fellas, Im not super proficient at electrical stuff, but i was wondering, Is there some kind of piece i could buy to distribute power to separate accessories. My car has like 6 hot wires directly on the positive side of the battery, and I want to move the battery to the rear. So is there some kind of alternative to connect all of these to? and then maybe take that distribution piece and wire it to the starter solenoid?
Yes, if you wire it to the starter solenoid be sure to put it on the battery cable side.
They are called distribution blocks.
You take one big wire from the battery post connector or cable from the rear mounted battery and run it to the block then make all of your other connections there.


12 Volt Battery Distribution Blocks
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Yes, if you wire it to the starter solenoid be sure to put it on the battery cable side.
They are called distribution blocks.
You take one big wire from the battery post connector or cable from the rear mounted battery and run it to the block then make all of your other connections there.


12 Volt Battery Distribution Blocks
So when I move the battery to the rear, I only want one cable coming from it. So should I run the cable to this block and run the starter solenoid off of the dist block? or Run the battery to the solenoid and then another cable from the solenoid to the dist block?
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown347 View Post
So when I move the battery to the rear, I only want one cable coming from it. So should I run the cable to this block and run the starter solenoid off of the dist block? or Run the battery to the solenoid and then another cable from the solenoid to the dist block?
Here is how I plan to relocate my battery.


Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.