sounds like a .588 lift cam. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jar72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany
Region: Georgia
Posts: 127
sounds like a .588 lift cam.

Ok yet another post. I've looked and completed all the repairs I've found on here for the following issue
Hard to start. Turns over fine. Take 2 or 3 times to actually start. Repair replaced fuel pump and filter, problem not as bad .

Car exhaust has a horrible odor emissions smell. Timing is set at 10 deg. Replaced o2 sensors.

Last. Car sounds like it has a very healthy cam (not sure if it does it came that way) noticed at times it varies. Cleaned maf. Will be making sure today that the tps is at .95 vdc


The reason I posted all at once is due to I have done the individual issue. Diagnosis. Wondering if the all did in somewhere.
__________________
JMF
Jar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post
Ok yet another post. I've looked and completed all the repairs I've found on here for the following issue
Hard to start. Turns over fine. Take 2 or 3 times to actually start. Repair replaced fuel pump and filter, problem not as bad .

Car exhaust has a horrible odor emissions smell. Timing is set at 10 deg. Replaced o2 sensors.

Last. Car sounds like it has a very healthy cam (not sure if it does it came that way) noticed at times it varies. Cleaned maf. Will be making sure today that the tps is at .95 vdc

The reason I posted all at once is due to I have done the individual issue. Diagnosis. Wondering if the all did in somewhere.
If you still have starting issues maybe the regulator is bad and is bleeding off pressure?


Not understanding that last comment?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jar72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany
Region: Georgia
Posts: 127
Lol Damn phone. For.some reason it changes words if I misspelled them. Then I look illiterate.
But I did a lunch time tune up and have found a possible large issue. That could be causing most of my problems. Short version. I need a new harmonic balancer the rubber is coming out the back side and I'm pretty sure now that the timing was off I reset it to 12 and it runs a whole lot better.
__________________
JMF
Jar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post
Lol Damn phone. For.some reason it changes words if I misspelled them. Then I look illiterate.
But I did a lunch time tune up and have found a possible large issue. That could be causing most of my problems. Short version. I need a new harmonic balancer the rubber is coming out the back side and I'm pretty sure now that the timing was off I reset it to 12 and it runs a whole lot better.
That will definitely affect it.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jar72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany
Region: Georgia
Posts: 127
Well new balancer goes in today, fingers crossed hoping its my last major issue then I can focus on rewiring under the dash and the suspension. Fyi new thread question coming soon
__________________
JMF
Jar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jar72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany
Region: Georgia
Posts: 127
Wow am I glad I decided to change it out. when I had the puller attatched it took no pressure at all when I reached down to slide it off the outer ring came off in my hand. I also found that there was no washer inside the balanced it was just on by its own pressure. Yet again I find an issue someone else didn't take the time to do right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121021_153706.png
Views:	71
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	73063



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121021_153852.png
Views:	67
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	73064
__________________
JMF
Jar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post
Wow am I glad I decided to change it out. when I had the puller attatched it took no pressure at all when I reached down to slide it off the outer ring came off in my hand. I also found that there was no washer inside the balanced it was just on by its own pressure. Yet again I find an issue someone else didn't take the time to do right.
If it did not have the bolt and washer that holds it on you are lucky it didn't come off. They are not an interference fit, just slip on and need to be retained by the bolt/washer.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jar72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany
Region: Georgia
Posts: 127
I was amazed. No damage to the shaft car runs noticably better timing was off I'm running at a legit 12 now after a few days I'm gonna try 14 just to see.
__________________
JMF
Jar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.