95 AODE trans messing up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
95 AODE trans messing up

About last year I bought a 95 gt off Craig's list and vin checker said its been owned by 3 people in the past and was origionally from California until it was shipped out here 2 years ago, story aside, I bad a bad pinion bearing and I had it replaced my mechanic friend and I asked him to replace the stock 3.23 and put in a 3.73. Well now the problem is my car barely likes to shift out of first gear until its at 5,500 rpm's or redline. If I manually go through 1-2-D, first to second is fine, then if I have my foot on the gas from second to drive, its like the gear slips and goes into neutral before it catches and goes into drive. I've been told that the trans has been worked on, that the adaptave computer is having trouble reading the new gear. I don't know what the problem is
white95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by white95mustang View Post
About last year I bought a 95 gt off Craig's list and vin checker said its been owned by 3 people in the past and was origionally from California until it was shipped out here 2 years ago, story aside, I bad a bad pinion bearing and I had it replaced my mechanic friend and I asked him to replace the stock 3.23 and put in a 3.73. Well now the problem is my car barely likes to shift out of first gear until its at 5,500 rpm's or redline. If I manually go through 1-2-D, first to second is fine, then if I have my foot on the gas from second to drive, its like the gear slips and goes into neutral before it catches and goes into drive. I've been told that the trans has been worked on, that the adaptave computer is having trouble reading the new gear. I don't know what the problem is
Sounds like you may be in need of a rebuild.
Have it scanned at a competent transmission shop.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Haha thats not what I wanted to hear, but I have been wanting to put a manual in it, just to have fun with. Thanks for advice, ill have to search around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by white95mustang View Post
Haha thats not what I wanted to hear, but I have been wanting to put a manual in it, just to have fun with. Thanks for advice, ill have to search around
I know that for sure.
I had a 95 with those symptoms and more.
It would shudder sometimes and other times at low speeds it would just drop out of gear like you put it in neutral. A full rebuild and replacement of all the solenoids later it worked good again. Luckily I have a cousin who is very good at transmission repair, so it only cost me a few hundred and some beers.

I'd look for a wrecked donor car for the swap. I've always had better luck getting everything I need and usually get it at cheaper prices than buying the parts individually.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, my dad has a friend he's known for over 50 years and mainly deals with engine parts and believes that transmissions are ran by black magic lol. But he was the one who recommended me to a guy he knows to get the pinion fixed and put the 3.73. I don't have much money saved up at the age of 20, but as soon as I can build some up, I plan on pumping it into my car until I'm satisfied

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT