my situation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
my situation

so i have a 94 mustang gt it has cai,o/r h-pipe/flows 10 series. i have a stage one clutch and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in. so i got a few question if i have to make this my winter car what would you guys recommend?you know like tires, etc... and on another note what should be my next performance mod?
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg
so i have a 94 mustang gt it has cai,o/r h-pipe/flows 10 series. i have a stage one clutch and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in. so i got a few question if i have to make this my winter car what would you guys recommend?you know like tires, etc... and on another note what should be my next performance mod?
I'd say at all costs don't make it your winter car, but if you have to, get a good all season tire or maybe a used set of snow tires, you can usually find them pretty cheap. As far as performance mods, I'd wait til after winter to do any type of upgrading because increased HP in the snow/ice is just gonna cause more traction issues than I'd wanna deal with. But when you do get around to it I'd look into a head and cam combo followed by an intake and tune.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith3623

I'd say at all costs don't make it your winter car, but if you have to, get a good all season tire or maybe a used set of snow tires, you can usually find them pretty cheap. As far as performance mods, I'd wait til after winter to do any type of upgrading because increased HP in the snow/ice is just gonna cause more traction issues than I'd wanna deal with. But when you do get around to it I'd look into a head and cam combo followed by an intake and tune.
Plus 4 bags of salt in the trunk never hurt anything. 1) gives you traction 2) rip one of those open and pour it on the ground for when you get stuck. Besides that, wish ya luck man
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg
Go buy a 400 dollar beater and cover up the mustang. I agree a good set of heads will make a good difference
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Go buy a 400 dollar beater and cover up the mustang. I agree a good set of heads will make a good difference
Thanks guys for the input I really wanna go buy a beater I dread driving my mustang in the snow but family is telling me just drive the mustang they just don't under stand
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Thanks guys for the input I really wanna go buy a beater I dread driving my mustang in the snow but family is telling me just drive the mustang they just don't under stand
anyone telling u that has never drove a mustang n the snow....

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

anyone telling u that has never drove a mustang n the snow....
Haha I've drove mine through snow 'pocalypse 2011

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

But you'll laugh at what we call snow!

1/4 of an inch cancels school and the bread goes flying off the shelves.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------
I've driven a Mustang through much worse (12" with ice) and managed to go up a long hill that had 4wd trucks spun out at the bottom and yes I did at them and had to show them my car sitting outside to prove it. Priceless!

A set of Blizzak or studded snow tires if allowed, a 80 lb bag of sand and a 25 lb bag of salt, add that to sensible driving and you'll be fine. It's also fun at times.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I know what you mean :p
We to our of school an entre week because of minor snow ( except for the last day)
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT