1968 302 in 1990 Lx ???S - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Region: Ohio
Thumbs up 1968 302 in 1990 Lx ???S

Swapping a freshly rebuilt 302 out of a 1968 ford galaxy into a 1990 Lx. I am goin to swap out the 7.5 for an 8.8. thinking of gonig with a QA1 front K member kit. I have a couple of ?s. This car will be carb, will the fuel lines and sending unit provide enough fuel? Will the stock 5sp hold up? Can you run full length headers? How much horsepower (motor is rebuilt to stock, 600cfm edelbrock carb and rpm intake....for cam upgrade i am debating?:any other advice greatly appreciatted

BUZZYONE03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Alabama
Re: 1968 302 in 1990 Lx ???S

i'll hit this since no one else has

first off congrats on getting ahold of an engine block that isn't garbage! good deal
I don't believe any of your efi stuff with work now with the carb (you were asking about sending units and fuel pumps) i've never tackled this conversion myself so im not much help, I like to leave dogs laying the way I find them.
the stock 5 spd should hold up, depending on how much power the new motor is, what veriaty the T5 is, and of coarse how often and how mean your going to be to it. yes you can run full length headers, and I suggest you do if you plan on making anykind of HP.

im not going to make a HP estimate for you, I don't know anything about this motor. Good Luck!

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT