Sunroof install? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Sunroof install?

Hey guys stupid question but is it possible to install a factory sunroof from one stang to another? I have an 89 hatch and came across a guy parting out a fox and had the sunroof. It was cheap so i went ahead and got it and everything with it. So would it be possible? I seen that the car had course specific structure for it to fit in to. . . But just thought i would see. Thanks for any info.
slp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It was done in my car before i bought tough si i have no clue how hhe did it but it can be done
Kenny laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp001 View Post
Hey guys stupid question but is it possible to install a factory sunroof from one stang to another? I have an 89 hatch and came across a guy parting out a fox and had the sunroof. It was cheap so i went ahead and got it and everything with it. So would it be possible? I seen that the car had course specific structure for it to fit in to. . . But just thought i would see. Thanks for any info.
I don't know how yours is made, but some you simply cut out a hole, then seal and fasten them in. If you have one that requires certain structural supports and rain gutters, then it will be more involved and likely will require bodywork and painting to install. Personally, I would not want one because of their tendency to eventually leak.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I don't know how yours is made, but some you simply cut out a hole, then seal and fasten them in. If you have one that requires certain structural supports and rain gutters, then it will be more involved and likely will require bodywork and painting to install. Personally, I would not want one because of their tendency to eventually leak.
i agree. they seem to always leak sometime down the road.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #5

Region: Texas
Its a factory one. I just remember seeing slots in to bent metal where the frame slid into with the brackets it has on the frame. Just was hoping it might be do able. Oh well. Thanks
slp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Yes they do. Mine only leaks if I have my stereo up. Previous owner had installed. He said it was $1200. It does have rain channels to back wheels and new headliner. So I don't know if he's telling truth or not. You know how that goes.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
I wouldn't worry about it either. I would probably get less wet by taking mine out and having a hole in my roof than i do with it in!
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT