24 lbs and maf question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
24 lbs and maf question?

To upgrade to the 24lbs injectors can i just get a maf Meter calibrated for 24 lbs injectors or do i have to get a tune as well. And what kind of benefit would i be looking at upgrading tb maf and injectors?
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp.
Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Meant series^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack

Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.
Stockers will still support that setup. Do you need injectors right now? If you are just buying them to upgrade I would wait. Imo but if they need replaced then I would upgrade to have a little growing room for more mods.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I got them from my step brother he went to carb and they were on his car. Well they provide any notice difference performance wise now or should i wait until heads and cam are in.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
I got them from my step brother he went to carb and they were on his car. Well they provide any notice difference performance wise now or should i wait until heads and cam are in.
Nope, injectors don't make HP, they support HP.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Nope, injectors don't make HP, they support HP.
TY Trojan. I'll wait to put them on then for now that way i don't have to mess with it right now.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
TY Trojan. I'll wait to put them on then for now that way i don't have to mess with it right now.

You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT