24 lbs and maf question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
24 lbs and maf question?

To upgrade to the 24lbs injectors can i just get a maf Meter calibrated for 24 lbs injectors or do i have to get a tune as well. And what kind of benefit would i be looking at upgrading tb maf and injectors?
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp.
Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Meant series^
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack

Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.
Stockers will still support that setup. Do you need injectors right now? If you are just buying them to upgrade I would wait. Imo but if they need replaced then I would upgrade to have a little growing room for more mods.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
I got them from my step brother he went to carb and they were on his car. Well they provide any notice difference performance wise now or should i wait until heads and cam are in.
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
I got them from my step brother he went to carb and they were on his car. Well they provide any notice difference performance wise now or should i wait until heads and cam are in.
Nope, injectors don't make HP, they support HP.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Nope, injectors don't make HP, they support HP.
TY Trojan. I'll wait to put them on then for now that way i don't have to mess with it right now.
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
TY Trojan. I'll wait to put them on then for now that way i don't have to mess with it right now.

You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.