Which head rpm vs trick flow - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Which head rpm vs trick flow

Okay so I found a set of edelbrock rpm heads that have light porting intake and exhaust comp cams valve springs milled to 59cc my dilemma is do I buy these can get them for 600 or wait and buy tw 170 track heat, another question what is a cam that could be ran with edelbrock head
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Okay so I found a set of edelbrock rpm heads that have light porting intake and exhaust comp cams valve springs milled to 59cc my dilemma is do I buy these can get them for 600 or wait and buy tw 170 track heat, another question what is a cam that could be ran with edelbrock head
You should base that decision on available funds (if that is an issue) and what flow rate the engine you are building needs or works best with.

To choose a cam go to CamQuest, enter your engine specifications and let it choose what lift and duration would work best for your combo. You don't have to use their exact chosen cam. You can use the specs they provide to choose any cam you want.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Funds is not so much the problem I just want to have a stock bottom end 302 that can run low 12's high 11's all motor I just thought maybe it was a good deal
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Funds is not so much the problem I just want to have a stock bottom end 302 that can run low 12's high 11's all motor I just thought maybe it was a good deal
It probably is a good deal, which I would probably take advantage of. Either set should work to make your goals achievable.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I agree to use camquest, but I want to bring up when choosing the cam: to Becareful since the heads have been milled down. So take into consideration lift and rocker size. Just an idea, maybe you should get the heads and check ptv before getting the cam so you are more prepared for the selection.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
I agree to use camquest, but I want to bring up when choosing the cam: to Becareful since the heads have been milled down. So take into consideration lift and rocker size. Just an idea, maybe you should get the heads and check ptv before getting the cam so you are more prepared for the selection.
They have bin milled to 59cc
Old 11-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue

They have bin milled to 59cc
im sure that isnt enough to make a big difference. i just always get paraiod about purchase stuff and not knowing if you have clearance.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

im sure that isnt enough to make a big difference. i just always get paraiod about purchase stuff and not knowing if you have clearance.
Yea I know that's why I am concerned I have a friend who has stock piston with n41 cam and afr 185s and no problems

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue

Yea I know that's why I am concerned I have a friend who has stock piston with n41 cam and afr 185s and no problems
58cc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT