Carb vs efi - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
When I get off work I will look at a schematic. The dark green and yellow wire is probably the wire you need to ground. Make sure that wire doesn't have voltage with the key on and off.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think I may just get a new pump holly blue so that way I can wire it my self. I can just grab a new lock up tubes offline like upr or somthing I plan on running a 6 al box so the ignition part should be simple anything else u recommend greatly appreciated
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue
I think I may just get a new pump holly blue so that way I can wire it my self. I can just grab a new lock up tubes offline like upr or somthing I plan on running a 6 al box so the ignition part should be simple anything else u recommend greatly appreciated
That's not a bad idea. You will still need a relay so u don't fry the pump. Did you try that wire? If it don't have voltage on it then try cutting it and putting it to ground on the relay side of the wire. It's easy enough to try. The reason I said check voltage cause you don't want to ground a wire that has voltage on it of course.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #39
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Okay so here's the thing I found which wire goes to the fuel Pump, it's dark green yellow line through it . Located on the passenger side kick (green rectangular 8 pin plug) panel were the EEC is. Now that dark green/yell wire goes to the relay on the strut tower. Also there are 3 other wires that come out of it a Blue/oranges striped wire, light pink/ black wire, and a red wire. Now I Am lost as to we're to go from here, thanks for your patients.

The pink/black wires goes from the relay to the through the harness to the starter selonid that has a yellow wire that is connect runs to the EEC
The red wire look like it goes to a little fuse thing long black cylinder shape
Then the blue/ orange wire goes into the harness?
I know that's a lot sorry fellas
Do you have a good Chiltons with the wiring diagrams of your car?
If not try to locate the drawings you need on the Very Useful or Old Fuel Injection links in the Useful Information thread.
I know it is a huge PITA and takes time, but you will have to just track the wires you described to figure out what you need and what they do or did in the EFI harness.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Found a edelbrock victor jr intake pretty cheep

Buying it this weekend
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Found a edelbrock victor jr intake pretty cheep

Buying it this weekend
Just so you know, those are better suited to high RPM/HP or forced induction engines.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT