MAF HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
MAF HELP

Just installed a new maf from oreillys cuz that is what everyone is saying my problem was. Now my car surges at an idle but runs fine while giving it throttle. If it idle a long time after its warm it like it gets flooded and you have to give it throttle and clear it out. I have replaced the tfi as well and fuel filter. It has a new fuel pump
94GT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
did you pull the battery after the install? if not do this and give it a drive cycle to learn the new part

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GT302 View Post
Just installed a new maf from oreillys cuz that is what everyone is saying my problem was. Now my car surges at an idle but runs fine while giving it throttle. If it idle a long time after its warm it like it gets flooded and you have to give it throttle and clear it out. I have replaced the tfi as well and fuel filter. It has a new fuel pump
Just installed a new maf from oreillys

That may be your problem.
Over the years I have had no end of problems with their electronic parts being bad from the start or failing soon after being installed.

However as suggested, remove the negative battery cable, pull on the headlight switch to drain the system of any stray voltage and wait 10-15 minutes. Then shut off the headlight switch and reconnect the battery cable. Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes to learn the new idle, then drive it under various stop and go conditions to allow the ECU to relearn the operating parameters.

If that does not work, then test the MAF. There are procedures in the "Useful Info" thread or possibly in your Chiltons manual.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GT302
Did you get a MAF for your injectors? Just asking .....
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quball19

Did you get a MAF for your injectors? Just asking .....
I just got a stock MAF. I have stock injectors. I am trying the disconnect the battery while I'm at work today and ill connect it when I leave lets hope this works. Would the IAT sensor cause this as well?
94GT302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT