sn95 paint job - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

white95mustang is unknown around these parts
sn95 paint job

I have the opportunity for having my car professionally painted for free. I've checked on the person and he's completely reliable. Won't be able to do any crazy effects, but will be able to repaint my whole car. It is currently pearl white, and I was being talked into haveing a Eleanor - stlye paint job on my 1995. I've tried to look up pictures for my year and that paint, but can't find anything. Any suggestions on what I should do. Also was debating on re-doing my white and putting a thick red stripe down the middle

Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Road Trip!

dreamstang is unknown around these parts
Just curious as how u scored a free paint job? The reason I ask because if u get to technical or change colors then usually the price goes way up. So I didn't know where u stood on the "free".

Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

My good friend's grand father has been painting cars/houses/projects his whole life, and has a full painting garage where he currently lives with all the tools necessary and my bud said he would make that a birthday gift for me. I've had a conversation with the both of them about it, and they say they can't wait, just waiting to decide on what I would want to do and set up a date
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Rosco is unknown around these parts
I personally don't like sn-95's with stripes. I don't think it compliments the body style like on newer models, but do as you like. And another non-opinionated statement is that bright Atlantic blue is badass and should be the first choice haha. The pearl white is a nice color though.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

For a 95, the paint on it is still in real good shape. No rust, no fading, just some small spots starting to chip away. I was thinking about buying a cowl hood from eBay too before I paint my car. And just for a test run, I tried seeing which stripe style looks the best on forza 4, cause they have a 1995 cobra r, and u can get the stock ford body on it. I didn't like the 2 side by side stripes, but the 1 thick down the center and the 2 very thin off to either side looks to best, to me
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

rwsmith3623 is unknown around these parts
Complete color changes are an enormous pain in the ass, and to do it correctly it requires pulling the engine etc.. Don't know how determined you are to make it look show quality but if you don't care about the engine bay, door jams and so on I'd go for it.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I was thinking how much of a pain it really would be, that's why I was leaning more toward just redoing the white, and maybe do like a 2012 boss stripe down the sides or the stripe down the middle

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT