Mustang Evolution Forum banner

X2 Balljoints

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ewokjax95 
#1 ·
Anyone on here using the X2 ball joints from steeda? Heard they give a solid 1/2" drop without the spacers. And what's the difficulty of changing them on sn95 cars?

#2 ·
I've never used them so I cannot help you on that.
A Chiltons Manual for your car will give you an idea of what it takes and it has lots of other information in it too. You can usually find them in your local parts stores for around $10-$20. :good:

One issue I have heard of is the holes in the a-arms for the ball joints sometimes get wobbled out and you have to replace the arm if that happens.

#3 ·
Getting tools ballpoints is easy enough. Simply bang them out with a hammer. Getting the news on in will require them to be pressed in. Yor local machine shop can handle that for cheap.

And the X2,a are designed to work on cars that have been lowered to improve steering geometry. I had them on my 94 Cobra. No additional drop, but imrpoved steering response.

#4 ·
Well I'm already lowered over 2 inches in the front so they may be needed. I haven't had any problems with the ones currently in the car but they are the factory balljoints so it seems appropriate to replace them. How hard is it to install tubular a arms because I may just pick those up as well.

#5 ·
Well I installed the Steeda X2 ball joints and the bumpsteer kit or outer tie rod ends. Great upgrade over stock. Bumpsteer is gone and balljoints are quiet. After the alignment, this thing takes turns like a boss!!! Anyone wanting a good suspension setup, H&R SS springs, X2 ball joints, adjustable outer tie rods, and a Stiff set of shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.