1979 mustang 4 cyl turbo pace car worth buying? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1979 mustang 4 cyl turbo pace car worth buying?

hi everyone! its not in the united states, its in the carribean.. but im a pony fan... my dad has the 06 gt, i want something so we can start a mustang club... the car has 70k miles, a little rust, all original decals, paint, wheels, interior, engine radio... all stock... the owner doesent know its a pace car and might have collector value... i really just want it for fun as in this country collector cars arent really worth much... im paying 3 thousand for it... (thats cheap for a car here) my dads gt brand new cost 50k usd, because every car is double the price here...
i rather have a V8 but if the car has value i dont mind the 4 cyl, i drive a diesel truck anyways! lol

thanks!
imported_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Do some research on the SVO Mustangs and see what they would bring. Ive seen some sell for 10,000 or 35,000. I know I would love to own an SVO for what Ford tried to do but failed do to a gas guzzling mentallity. SVO mustangs were great cars.
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

My friend has a 1986 SVO and it is a fun car to drive. Then sound of the turbo spooling up under acceleration is wonderful. It actually impressed all of us at the dragstrip. I think it ran like a 15.4 or something which i thought was pretty good for a little four banger turbo. I know the 1979 is a little older but it should still be fun to drive.
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's definitely a collector's car, and worth lots like, but at that year the mileage may not be right, 3 thousand's worth buyin right, but you gotta consider how much itll cost you to restore n how much itll cost you to ship it over mate
hastiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That turbo makes it valueable without the pace-car label. Jump on it.
felan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1979 mustang