94 Mustang GT problems? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

94 Mustang GT problems?

I recently bought a 94 mustang with 90,000 miles on it and from 1996 it had only 23,000 miles put on it.

It has been sitting in my grandmas garage for 5 months barely driven.

My problem is when driving around 40-60 it feels like the transmission delays and pops in jolting the car. And when it happens the RPM needle will go up to around the 6, but the car wont go any faster. The jolting feels like a bad shift lol but the car is a automatic, plus the check engine light is on

please help....
tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

94 Mustang GT problems?

I'd take it to a transmission shop and get the codes checked. They should have a code scanner that reads more in-depth info than a quickie parts store free scan.
Sounds like you have a problem with torque converter lockup-it's possible you might have a faulty solenoid. But really it needs to be checked out. Figure at the least getting a fluid and filter change. Make sure they use Mercon V fluid. There are additives which have some value such as "shudder fix" and some Lubegard products. Generally they aren't helpful in situations that turn on the check engine light. And yes, the check engine light also lights up for transmission troubles.
imported_kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

94 Mustang GT problems?

quick have the tranny oil change service, shop around you can find a shop to do it under 50.00$ then add lucas transmission helper to new oil.
arrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT