How do i make a copromise with my dad for a car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How do i make a copromise with my dad for a car?

my dad and i we dont see eye to eye when we look at cars.

he wants me to have a small compact 6 cylinder car that is newer and has under 100,000 miles for about 5 or 6 grand........

im looking at cars from 1990 and older

i want a big car that floats like a boat, has a monster v8, over 100,000 miles, leather and power everything and gets crappy mileage.......

he mentions 4 cylinder mustangs, hondas, and 2000's cadillac citerra, or however you say that small ugly cadillac.......

im lookin at a 1979 lincoln continental with 47,000 miles, 400 v8 paint is faded but body is straight and drive great.. for 1300

and the other one is a 1986 lincoln town car executive, paint is still great, leather has no rips and has 91,000 miles for 2500.....

see i already have an old school classic, a 1965 mustang in the garage, that im working on. i want to buy another classic while im working on the mustang so when im done with that one, i can work on the other one........
the big problem is that he has to go out and get the car for me, and i understand he doesnt want to waste 3 hours to bring car home that will break down next week....... hes gonna have to tow it to get it fixed......

its not that i dont care i just want a big comfy car what can i do or say for him to get it and not complain when it breaks down?

i dont drive and havent driven in 3 years since i have 3 speeding tickets, 4 noise tickets, 2 accidents, and a dui on my record......... i can drive, i just need to reinstate my license and i have the money now to buy a car....... what would you say or do to help me get out of this situation?
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

With your driving record I wouldn't even be discussing a car purchase with you let alone arguing over which car to buy.

If you are under 18 listen to your dad, he's smarter than you are. If you have the money, go buy the car.
fnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

go for something reliable while you do the mustang up, you dont want to be wasting cash on repairs to your every day car, i agree with your dad, id say a honda or something similar
austyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT