Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What is a good car for a teen?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  corley 
#1 ·
for my first car i want to get one that is cool, has okish gas mileage, used but is in good condition, preferabally automatic, and that is at a Maxim of $25k. i want to know some more ideas then the ones i all ready have.

ideas i have (all are used):
*1979 chevrolet corvette
*2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
* Subaru Impreza
* ford mustang

#3 ·
There are two things that are related to each other that you should consider. Due to lack of experience teen drivers have more accidents and tickets than any other group of drivers. For that reason they also pay the highest premiums for car insurance.

That makes the PERFECT car for a teen a cheap, reliable, 4 cylinder sedan. (any make is Okay). They cost less to insure, and if it gets wrecked or damaged you aren't loosing that much. Why put a lot of money into a flashy car just to see it being towed off one day to the salvage yard

#4 ·
man you want something reliable. fast cars aren't always the best first cars because you will get a lot of speeding tickets. instead, learn the ropes with a people hauler (ford explorer, honda accord or civic, toyota camry, chevy blazer)

I'd get a honda. I've had an accord coupe it's very reliable and it's cheap to repair. It's fun to drive too, and its easy to work on and to mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.