Audio System for my Car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Audio System for my Car?

Hey, I have a 1982 Mustang GT Hatchback. It has a very loud exhaust system and I would like to have an audio system that over powers the exhaust. I am willing to spend no more than 1500. I have basically no idea what I need but I am somewhat mechanically inclined and with the internet could probably install it myself. Right now it has an after market Sony deck (radio+cd) and two Sony 6x9's Xplods in the hatch. I like to listen to mostly modern rock but I would like to be able to play some hip hop on occasion. Thanks
imported_travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Audio System for my Car?

i agree with the 1st guy...get rid of the jvc he said...jvc is trash... alpine or pioneer head unit only.... an you might wanna just get a quiter exhaust man
kinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Audio System for my Car?

Cant level up but dude above me ... IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT get rid of that Sony CRAP. of and they seem to be right about everything else too.
Kynlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Audio System for my Car?

Look into getting dynamat first for the hatch and ect..... Get fid of the sony..and sony explode stuff, sell it!!!.. Next Get a good component set up Like Fosgate of Alpine.Ebay.. a good headunit JVC Alpine... for speaker sizes check crutchfield but get them cheap and warranty on ebay.....
donald is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT