1989 Mustang 5.0 Clutch peddle wont push down,? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #1

1989 Mustang 5.0 Clutch peddle wont push down,?

I have a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 ,5 speed standard transmission,

I drove it fine the other day then i parked in * backed into my parking space* and shut it off, the next day i went to drive it and the clutch peddle is stuck it will not push down at all, what could cause this to happen ?

where should i begin to look ? whats jamming up ? im clueless, any help will be thankful
deerward66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Could be clutch fork, slave cylinder might be seized, or when I let my beater go for to long needing a clutch, it also got to the point where the pedal wouldn't move 1mm.

If its the clutch or throwout bearing, there should also be some noise though... Does it sound any different or driving any different before you parked it?

edit- sounds like its most likely the clutch fork then, or possibly throwout bearing. Maybe you installed the bearing backwards? Either way good luck!
bryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #3

well i would venture under the dash and check to see if there is anything binding the pedal and under the car to check the slave it self did you run over something like road debris kind of weird honestly something has to be binding it i have never seen a complete lock out of the pedal before check the slave master too that's worth a look too now i am wondering what it is well i hope you get it and its simple sorry i could not offer you more usable advice good luck- ok now i see why when you say guts do you mean the throw out bearing and pilot bearing did you install it? there are alot of variables here how did it drive after? i would start with the clutch it self , look at the fork where it engages the clutch maybe un bolt the slave and check if any play is there on the fork it- self, there should be some play in it if theres not then your going to be removing it again
Lynd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1989 mustang