82 ford mustang GL Help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

82 ford mustang GL Help?

hello i have a 1982 mustang GL with a 1 barrel carb (unknown brand) and i am having troubles. it starts a little rough but gets going nicely but as soon as it is in drive and i step on the gas it bogs down ubtil i reach second gear.(3 speed auto) the engine is in time and i think all the fluids are good. there is good delivery of gas and i'm not sure but i think it has an electric choke. any help would be much apreciated. also when it is in park or neutral it runs fine but as soon as it enters drive it runs fine but the take off it slow. the engine is a straight six.
achazya63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #2

82 ford mustang GL Help?

fuel pump would be my diagnosis check the filter first, this is a 250ci ? if this has over 50,000 miles and the original timing chain is still in it, that too probably needs to be replaced, on the passenger side inner wheel well is there a oem ( the brain ) they did have a bad record of reliability that's probably something that auto zone can check free for you as long as it runs to get it there for the check up
Evoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

82 ford mustang GL Help?

autozone.com to see if there are more you can do. code scan.you may have a map sensor or tps or ... the list goes on until you code scan it and see what codes reveal.
tedmund is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT